Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing French Level

• 23-05-2011 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey, I was just wondering if there was any French teachers or anything on here?
    I know the French exam is 3 weeks and 2 days away but I was just wondering if you think it would still be feasible or the right idea to drop to Ordinary Level French!
    The thing is Im usually a D3/D2 student at Higher Level and I'm just terrified that someday I'm actually gonna fail. I've done a lot of research into the ordinary papers and am going to speak to my teacher about it tomorrow
    Would I be better off getting the same points with a B in Ordinary as oppose to risking a fail and only getting a D3 in Higher
    Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

i was in the same position dropped after the mocks. Im an A ol now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

Do you think i'd be okay to drop this close to the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

you can drop on the day of the exam if you so wish (so you can drop anytime up to it), you just cannot go up.

i would say talk to your teacher, they have been marking you for the past number of years and would know your level and be able to advise you better, but if you are not 100% sure i would stay at higher level, and then if you really don't want to do higher change to ordinary on the day of the exam. cos as i said once you go down you can't go back up if you change your mind, but you can go down at the last minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

Oh okay I'll talk to my teacher about it tomorrow so and see, thanks guys :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

theres a big difference, make sure you look at the ol papers in the next few weeks incase you drop

• Advertisement
Advertisement