Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get glass for wing mirror

• 23-05-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I'm looking for the glass for the right wing mirror of a peugeot 206 - any ideas where the best place to pick this up would be either in the city or near by?

thanks - and would anyone know how much it might cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Halfords do them; mine was €14.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

With Halfords, make sure you get the right one, they got the wrong one for me.

F&G Motor Factors had it for me the day after I rang them, Athlunkard Street, Limerick. 061 418555

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

All sorted, thanks a million for all the help, that motor factors are the fellas to deal with

much thanks

rose:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Cordell

peckerhead wrote: »
    Halfords do them; mine was €14.99.

Where is Halfords in Limerick? I looked for it today, but no luck, couldn't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cordell wrote: »
    Where is Halfords in Limerick? I looked for it today, but no luck, couldn't find it.

Across from B&Q and Harvey Norman's in City East Retail Park, behind the BMW garage on the Tipperary Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭Cordell

bazz26 wrote: »
    Across from B&Q and Harvey Norman's in City East Retail Park, behind the BMW garage on the Tipperary Road.

Thanks, well that's pretty far away from the location they gave on their website, no wonder I couldn't find it today. Tough being new to town :)

Hey folks, learned a lot over the wkend, decided to not to just take the price I was given and shopped around a bit - got exactly what I needed on ebay for €14 inc p&p, should be delivered today or tomorrow as opposed to €50 with the breakers yard - some difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

did you need more than just the glass/mirror piece in the end ?

it's the mirror and backing plate that I needed (which I learned looking online and chatting to helpful chap in one of the breakers) - the breakers were all offering me the full wing mirror (costing between €50-€40) and another site was doing the mirror and backing plate for €32 inc p&p - as I'd know sod all about these sort of things I said I'd look round before being taken for a ride, pardon the language and thankfully I did - bit of a difference between €50 and €14

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

I dont want to advertise so i sent you a pm

• Advertisement
Advertisement