Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exclusive Audio - Control4 system

• 23-05-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi There,

I'm thinking of installing full Control4 system with Bose setup. Has anyone got any recommendations for installers?

I've heard 'Exclusive Audio' do this. Anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EoinOmeachair

A friend of mine used this company Exclusive Audio. He had a Control4 system installed. He was really happy with the functionality of the control4 system but was very dissatisfied with the level of service pre & post sale from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

Wasn't aware of Exclusive audio until recently I must admit.

The control 4 stuff has come on in leaps and bounds it must be said but I can't emphasise enough how important after sales care is with multiroom audio.

Are you fully set on Control 4 or are you open to other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

I have a control 4 for tv and audio to rest of house. Can't say I'm that happy with it. I certainly wouldn't go with it again. Very expensive and as previous poster said you will need to pay for long term follow up with up dates etc. I naively thought the initial expense was all there was to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

I have Control4 and love it. It depends on what you want the system to do? Control4 is much more than just a multi room audio/video solution. If you want something simple then maybe look at an alternative, but as a control solution it is superb and a lot cheaper than its competitors in the market such as AMX, Crestron and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

A friend of mine used this company Exclusive Audio. He had a Control4 system installed. He was really happy with the functionality of the control4 system but was very dissatisfied with the level of service pre & post sale from them.

Seems very unlikely that you would be happy with a system but be disgruntled with the level of service before you agreed to purchase the system you are currently very happy with. Sounds very much like a Control 4 competitor of Exclusive Audio trying to put them down. Contact Control 4 in Ireland and they will advise on the relevant positives & negative of all Control 4 agents in Ireland......very childish on your behalf, focus your time on building your own business and you will find the results are more benficial than pathetically slating some one else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

I had Exclusive Audio do a job for me. It wasn't Control 4 but another system called Nuvo. I found them to be good guys who knew their stuff and understood what I wanted. The Nuvo is more of a streamed audio system using keypads on your wall but also wireless remotes if you need them. It works well with Ipod, radio tuner , sonos etc. Nice system not overly expensive. Everything else TV distribution, movie server , bluray , lights all controlled by Logitech remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Homer.sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 rob_

Article on Control4 in todays Irish Examiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Could anyone PM me some prices for the control4 products? Supply only.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

You are aware that the Control4 products need to be programmed using Control4 bespoke software and that unless you have that software the products will be useless to you? Only authorized dealers who have completed the Control4 training course would have that software?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@Thunderbird2,

This is a discussion forum, I'm happy to see people ask for recommendations one suppliers or sources of particular equipment, but there is no selling allowed here and if you want a quote from a reputable supplier i suggest you do some home work and ask the suppliers directly yourself - throwing out a request like you've done here is not the best way to proceed.

Points made by Homer above are also well worth heeding.

Thread closed.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement