Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl telescopic chainsaw

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It looks like it'd be very suitable for that task.
    That's just from watching the video though, I've never used or even seen one of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

It would certainly do the job but would a long lopper/pruner be cheaper for you?

I hire one of these (the big one!) every year to prune my tall stuff. They are known as a pole saw or pole pruner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

for cutting branches up to 26cm thick?

That's thick!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

for cutting branches up to 26cm thick?

...........some days later. ;)

I bought one of their electric chainsaws, somewhat skeptically, a while ago. (I use professional chainsaws every day).
    If their pole pruner is similar then it would be a good buy. However, is it the right tool for cutting shrubby material like bramble and ivy, I don't think so. A hedge trimmer, might be a better bet.

• Advertisement

Your not called slowburner for nothing!

The only problem I would have with the FloraBest equipment is that you cant get spares. If it ever goes faulty you are in trouble. OK for cheap stuff but maybe not for more expensive gear. I was considering the cordless strimmer but what happens when the battery goes? I note you CAN get the Oregon chain and bar for the pole saw (and chainsaw?).

Ive searched and only found this for spares:
    Des Uk Ltd
    Electrical Appliance Repairs
    Unit B7
    Oxford Street Industrial Park
    Vulcan Road
    Bilston
    West Midlands
    WV14 7LF

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

:D

Advertisement