Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a copy of my old Leaving Cert

• 23-05-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for jobs online and have just come across one that is asking for my Leaving Cert Results. I was going to post here asking how to do this but I found out fairly quickly with a little googling. But now I'v got a different question to ask.

It said when I was filling it out that I would be charged €13.50 - fair enough, pay a little and hopefully earn a lot and all that. But once I'd finished filling out the form it said that the fee was €0.00. I finished it off and got an email confirming it would reach me within two weeks.

So, the question is - Why amn't I being charged?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

Exemption: At present there is no charge for Statements of Results for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
    You're exempt from the charge if you sat the Leaving Cert in the last five years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Ah. Thanks very much :) I only noticed it had went to nothing as I ticked the box to say I'd repeated my leaving cert. I thought that was an odd criteria to change it on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

And if anyone who is faced with paying the charge id recommend asking the school first.

Ive done this on two ocassions in the past and was simply a matter of phoning ahead and then collecting the results from the office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

I hadn't even thought about doing that :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

JustLen wrote: »
    And if anyone who is faced with paying the charge id recommend asking the school first.

Ive done this on two ocassions in the past and was simply a matter of phoning ahead and then collecting the results from the office

Absolutely.
    The school I teach in can give people who did examinations in the 1950s their results should they want them. We've only been open eleven years but we have results from previous schools in the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement