Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chickenwings in dublin city

Options
  • 23-05-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

who does the nicest chicken wings in the city,a place that delivers preferably but not necessary,serious craving for some!!

Comments

lol at the thoughts of getting delivery in the city today!

Dame St. Nowish: http://twitpic.com/51ibo8

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

was just wondering for future reference, but thanks for your reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

no idea if they deliver or not but elephant n castle in temple bar do savage chicken wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

GBK's Wings are awesome !!!!!!
    mmmmmm...wings .....harrrgghhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

no idea if they deliver or not but elephant n castle in temple bar do savage chicken wings.

Yup - Elephant and Castle is very good... but it's not because of the standard of chicken (as it's very low grade chicken that they use), it's because the standard of the sauce which is feckin gorgeous. In slating their chicken though the wings are still good.

For something a bit different try Toss'd in the CHQ, 6 wings (real good chicken) in a lovely sauce and some crunchy things with it. Very very nice (as is everything Toss'd do, one of the best places for food in the city).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

howyanow wrote: »
    who does the nicest chicken wings in the city,a place that delivers preferably but not necessary,serious craving for some!!

The best delivered i ever got was Four Star Pizza's spicy chicken wings. They were lovely and hot but some brainwave in Four Star led them to being taken off the menu so all they have now is bbq/normal wings which aren't nice. Most places do really bad wings which is why i miss the spicy ones. For such an easy dish its amazing how so many places cant get them right and they are really expensive for lets face it fcuk all chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Yup - Elephant and Castle is very good... but it's not because of the standard of chicken (as it's very low grade chicken that they use), it's because the standard of the sauce which is feckin gorgeous. In slating their chicken though the wings are still good.

I'd been hearing rave reviews about the chicken wings in Elephant and Castle for ages but to be honest I wasn't blown away by them at all.

Btw the sauce that they use is exactly the same as Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wings Sauce so it would be cheaper to buy a bottle of that in Dunnes and get yourself some fresh chicken wings from a butchers. Job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Whats the best way of cooking chicken wings?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Raekwon wrote: »
    I'd been hearing rave reviews about the chicken wings in Elephant and Castle for ages but to be honest I wasn't blown away by them at all.

Btw the sauce that they use is exactly the same as Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wings Sauce so it would be cheaper to buy a bottle of that in Dunnes and get yourself some fresh chicken wings from a butchers. Job done :)

You sure it's the same mate? I'm not that sure although they might use it as the base for the sauce and either add stuff or thicken it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

It's one part Frank's to one part melted butter. Fairly standard wing sauce recipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,976 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I had the best wings in a long time in teners in donnybrook. absolutely superb. that superb that i was craving more, and i never do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

You sure it's the same mate? I'm not that sure although they might use it as the base for the sauce and either add stuff or thicken it up.

No sure if they actually use Frank's or make their own cayenne pepper sauce but the two are identical IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

claiva wrote: »
    GBK's Wings are awesome !!!!!!
    mmmmmm...wings .....harrrgghhhhh

Yep I agree, a decent hefty bowl for a good 6euro price tag :D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Warper wrote: »
    Whats the best way of cooking chicken wings?

An easy way to do them at home is put them in the oven at around 180, leave them in for an hour or so (gets them nice and crispy) then put them in a container & put in the Franks wing sauce, shake them, coating them all and tadah!

Very easy really & they are such a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

temply wrote: »
    An easy way to do them at home is put them in the oven at around 180, leave them in for an hour or so (gets them nice and crispy) then put them in a container & put in the Franks wing sauce, shake them, coating them all and tadah!

do you heat the sauce at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

This has been done to death here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175

Still, for great wings, get some cheapo chicken thighs, snip 'em in half, boil them in some beer until cooked, then deep fry and coat in generous amounts of half Frank's Original Hot Sauce, half butter. Done.

Frank's Original Hot Sauce is a must, none of the funny variations allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Porterhouse do lovely ones. Lots of meat on them too. Might be all of them but I'm talking about the one on Nassau Street/Grafton street. They do full portions and half portions- half is €4.95 I think and they go from mild to 'suicide' taste-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Turks head if they're still in business. Last time I was there they were fantastic.
    Otherwise the Elephant and Castle. They've cut down the portion size and quality of chicken though.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

BroFlo wrote: »
    do you heat the sauce at all?

Nope - shake right out of the bottle

Very easy and you'd be surprised at how good they taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 hXci

The Alamo in Temple Bar. Three words. NOM NOM NOM. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kc87

temply wrote: »

cheers for that. had them yesterday and made them again today, absolutely gorgeous they where :D

Advertisement