Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I switch council list?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

can anyone help me? i am currently on the kildare county housing list. the list is very very long and years behind. Can i swap to another county where the list might not be as long. i am married with 2 small children. thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You can't just transfer- you would have to apply separately- and would have to meet any of the rules in place in the other council area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Im in Dublin and was on the Dublin city council list however I moved to South Dublin County Council and when I went to put my name on the list I was told that as of April 1st (no joking) the rules have changed and you can only be on one council list at a time so I had to take myself off the DCC list and get a letter to prove it had done this and give it to SDCC so my application was successful... I asked if they would transfer over the time I had been on DCC but they said they had not agreed that yet only that you can not be on more than one council list at a time

Im not sure if this applies outside Dublin but I would ring the council list you want to be on and check as this change only came into place in April of this year and many people may not be aware of it yet so may give you wrong information

Advertisement