Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renault Kangoo/Nissan Kubistar 04/05 recommendatons/reservations??

• 23-05-2011 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi All, thinking of purchasing one of the above anyone have any experience of either?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

patjack wrote: »
    Hi All, thinking of purchasing one of the above anyone have any experience of either?

father has a 05 kubistar. Drive it the odd time. Nice van but to be honest, i find her very light on the road. Wouldn get one myself tbh. His is reliable, and easy on juice. Ya need to give what kind of work she be doing for more answers. For me, no. Better vans out there ie power and stuff but all depends on what work your doing with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭patjack

Thanks Dusty, would only ever be carrying 300kg max in her, thing is I would be doing a fair bit of driving 50% of that would be with nothing in her. So the main reason I would be looking at these type of vehicle is the economics as you have mentioned. Apart from being light on the road, would you have any other reservations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

patjack wrote: »
    Thanks Dusty, would only ever be carrying 300kg max in her, thing is I would be doing a fair bit of driving 50% of that would be with nothing in her. So the main reason I would be looking at these type of vehicle is the economics as you have mentioned. Apart from being light on the road, would you have any other reservations?

Both are fairly much the same van. They share the same 1.5 diesel engine which is fairly reliable - although the 90bhp engine is fairly sluggish. The interior is fairly baisc (plastic) on them, but if you're like me you wouldn't be buying for style. Seats are small enough and the bulkhead is tight so if you're 6ft 6", you'll get leg cramps on long distances. They are light on the road, but they are pretty easy on diesel. They will pull feck all if you're putting a trailer behind it.

I don't have one, but I've driven one quite a bit. I wouldn't buy one myself. I'd probably choose a Berlingo/partner ahead of it or a Caddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

+1 with rellig ive an 07 one from new and never gave a bit of bother and is very good on diesel the 1.5 is sluggish tho if i put 10 bags of meal in it its as slow as hell and ive put a 12 foot ivor williams flat tralor on it a few times empty and its not the best for pulling!

Advertisement