Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbecue in Farran Woods

Options
  • 23-05-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know if gas barbecues can be used in Farran Woods. We are thinking of heading out there soon with some family members who will be home from the US and rather than just a picnic we thought a barbecue might be nice. I'd be grateful for any information. ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Farran is operated by Coillte, ask them. I'd have my doubts, given the recent nonsense up north.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭safetymanager

Will do, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

From what I know, you're not permitted to light any fires in any Coillte woods. However, you could argue that the open picnic areas in Farren are not really wooded! So long as you don't burn any benches or leave rubbish behind, I can't see any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Let us know when you find out if they're permitted or not. I'd be doubtful about them too, though I'm hoping they're allowed as a bbq picnic sounds like a lovely idea :)

I emailed Coillte but haven't had a reply yet. I'll keep you informed here. Fingers crossed. Mind you my visitors from the states may not make it if the ash cloud comes our way !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Im sure Coillte woundnt mind you setting fire to a bbq arent they mad for setting fire to things...

I would just go ask at the gate if there is no one there then then tally hoe

I had an email back from a lovely lady in Coillte. No barbecues in Farran Woods I'm afraid. There is no facility yet for them but there is a barbecue area planned for the future. Never mind, we'll still have a great day in a great place.

Advertisement