Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pasta Recipes?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Ok so im going to be cooking dinner for a woman im trying to woo:D problem is shes admittedly a really fussy eater, and seems to really like her food simple not one for trying new things. But I do know she like pasta dishes stuff like carbonara and dolmio stir in tomato sauce.

So wondering does anyone on here know any nice pasta dishes I can make?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

check out jamies 30mins meals - theres a recipe called 'jools pregnant pasta' - its feckin' gorgeus and very easy.

btw - as i live in the stix i havent yet been able to get my hands on fennel seeds - getting the fresh basil was a triumph! i made it without and its lovely - no idea what difference they make. i havent bothered with the salad or pudding as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

I've made this a few times when I've had people coming over and have never had any complaints.

Baked Spaghetti Carbonara

All you need is:

1 small onion, finely chopped
    85g pancetta, chopped to bite size
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    250g dried spaghetti (about half a packet)
    2 large egg yolks
    150g asparagus spears
    142ml carton single cream
    4 tablespoons vegetable stock
    4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
    4 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
    1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
    1 tablespoon olive oil

All you do is:

1. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan), 200C, gas mark 6. Fry the onion and pancetta, then add the garlic, briefly.
    2. Cook the spaghetti, drain and immediately mix the yolks with the hot pasta.
    3. Steam or blanch the asparagus until just tender but still crunchy (I tend to steam them over the cooking spaghetti).
    4. Gently mix together the eggy pasta, the onion and pancetta mixture, asparagus, cream, stock and half of the Parmesan. Pile into an ovenproof dish.
    5. Mix together the remaining Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley and olive oil and scatter over the top of the pasta. Bake for 15 minutes.

By the way, what a lucky girl to have you make such an effort to woo her, hope it works, good luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Cheers for the recipes and thanks I sure hope she appreciates the effort il be going to, going to pull out all the stops, Figners crossed it goes well :D.

• Advertisement

fair play - some nice wine and chocolate pudding (m&s if needbe)- you cant go wrong - hope it goes well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

is that pregnant pasta recipe spicy? been looking for a nice arabiatta recipe for ages but cant find a good one!

m.j.w wrote: »
    is that pregnant pasta recipe spicy? been looking for a nice arabiatta recipe for ages but cant find a good one!

yip its pretty spicy but you can ramp it up or tone it down for your own taste - i make it v spcicy if i'm cooking it for me and himself but if i'm cooking for a group i tend to tone it down a bit.

Advertisement