Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Kitchen press busted, needs replacing

• 23-05-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭

I've a broken kitchen corner press thats broken and needs to be completely replaced. What are my options in terms of replacing it, as i'm not sure where to start.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Well if you're gonna replace your options are to replace with a one that's similar or replace it with one that's not :cool: I'm not sure what you're asking here, a better explanation might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Is the press carcass (the unit itself) damaged, or just the door? How old is the kitchen?

If its just the door and the kitchen is relatively new you might be able to simply go to the place you got the kitchen from and get a new door but if its an older kitchen then you will have to try to match it up or else look at something like a glass door etc as a feature in the kitchen.

If its the carcass that's damaged it'll be relatively easy to replace this and simply refit the existing door to the new carcass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

The entire door split in two. The kitchen is about 7-8 years old and was purchased by the previous owners so I dont know where it was orginaly bought.

Can you buy by a single kitchen press door, if so where can I look?

I dont mind if it is a bit different as it is a corner press and I'll be painting all the units anyway.

You can buy a single door - what you'll need are the dimensions of the door (w x h) and then I'd take part (or all!) of the door to a couple of kitchen suppliers - there are loads out there.. anything from cash and carry kitchens, keen cost, b & q, in-house etc depending on where you are in the country and I'd see how closely they can match the style of door.

If you have a shaker style door then you should be able to replace this easily and the quality/finish don't matter if you're painting them.. a kitchen supplier may even have a spare/odd door left that they'll let you have cheaply.

If you have a different profile on the door it may be harder to match the profile but its worth a try anyway! (more samples here).

oh! one more thing.. don't throw away the old door just yet.. it may come in handy for you to use as a template when you're cutting the new door to fit the hinges.

• Advertisement
Advertisement