Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suncream Recommendation

• 23-05-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hopefully its getting close to that time of year again.

Looking for advice on a good suncream. Did the 140k ring of Beara yesterday and my legs got a good toasting. Combination of the sun and a good strong wind.

I am looking for one that doesn't run off when you sweat and doesn't burn the eyes out of your head. Also one where 1 application in the morning would be sufficient for the day.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

P20. Bring a small tub of it with you on the bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

What SPF value is P20?

IMO, for most fair-skinned people (most of Ireland), kids waterproof SPF50 is the way to go. Something like this. The likes of SPF20 and 25 are inadequate.

If SPF50 is unavailable, try something like this:

fire-proximity-suit-500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tassajara

I like the Vichy Capital Soleil sunscreen for fair/ sensitive skin, it got me through a week of mountain biking in France last year without a single burn. I didn't have to reapply it either and it's not too greasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

dave2pvd wrote: »
    What SPF value is P20?

IMO, for most fair-skinned people (most of Ireland), kids waterproof SPF50 is the way to go. Something like this. The likes of SPF20 and 25 are inadequate.

for watersports I always use Kids factor 50 stuff. Its like wall paper paste and immediately effective with no run off into your eyes. Amber Solaire is the one I go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I always found that P20 stuff to be rubbish. I tried the 1 application a day and always got burned so stopped using it. I use the lidl stuff if I'm using anything. Works grand.

Slightly OT but if you're using factor 50 all the time you might consider supplementing vitamin D. Summer is about the only chance your body gets to make and store it.

I used P20 in 40 degree heat in Spain for a weeks cycling without a trace of a burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Used P20 for 10 odd years now and I do alot of water sports, never burnt once (except the bits i missed)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

+1 on P20, quare name but great stuff. There's another equivalent product called Parasol 20 I think. Waterproof, Sweatproof, put it on once and it lasts all day. What more can you ask for ?

Advertisement