Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Golden Sim - 10c calls and texts and free O2

Options
  • 23-05-2011 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Anyone seen the new O2 Golden Sims offer?
    Just saw it on twitter with a link to their site here

Here's the details from O2.ie
    oin O2 and move your number to a shiny Golden Sim, and you won't have to top up €20 every month. Yes that's right. Free O2 calls and texts every month, even if you have zero credit. Keep your phone. Keep your number. And minutes and texts to other networks and landlines are only 10c.

Calls Text
    To O2 0c 0c
    To all other networks 10c 10c
    Landlines 10c
    Voicemail 10c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Interesting. If theres no sneaky T&C's id be tempted to switch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Interesting. If theres no sneaky T&C's id be tempted to switch...
    That's what I was wondering!
    The Terms & Conditions link gives an Error 404...

Same. Well i dont care :) im not porting to find out its a sneaky offer and it ends in 30 days or is limited to fair usage policy :)

Meteor Real Unlimited Calls and Text will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Looks like there's a limit on the number of sims available for the offer.

https://sim1.o2online-media.ie/GoldenSimCtnSubmit.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I cant see anywhere that a fair usage policy applies. Unless you can find one :S I know they all do but i just cant find it in the 12 month deal T&C's

160242.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Is the 9c call setup charge standard ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Thank Davy got your PM now.

Does anyone have any questions about this offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Hi Daryll, any chance existing customers can move to this tariff?

• Advertisement

They were able too but all the sims for existing customers are now gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭EoghanConway

Does the 9c setup charge apply to calls to O2?

No just to calls to other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

So is a 40 second call, 9 cent, 10 Cent or 19 cent. The marketing shout seems to suggest 10 cent but with a 9 cent set up charge it seems impossible that anyone can actually make a call for the advertised rate of 10 cent?

Is there any data add-ons I could get with this offer? I'm on 3 currently and use the web on my phone a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Is there any data add-ons I could get with this offer? I'm on 3 currently and use the web on my phone a lot!

You can add the 700mb data add-on for 9.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

It's not all that great. Fair play you dont have to top-up, but this would only be good if most of your family and friends were on o2. I would personally value the any-network texts 3 offer and the any network weekend calls.

o2 - €20 top-up = free o2 calls and texts. 7.99 for data leaves 12 Euro worth of calls and texts (thats 120 mins OR texts) to other networks a month - seems like it might be 60 mins with the connection fee!

3 - €20 top-up = free 3 calls and texts, unlimited and network texts, €5 for data leave €15 for calls. But three add on an extra €10 for every €20 top up, so thats €25. Although the per minute charge is more, it only applies Mon-Fri. So you would have 71 mins for use Mon-Fri.

You still get more with 3. And (subjectively) a better 3G network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

bd250110 wrote: »
    It's not all that great. Fair play you dont have to top-up, but this would only be good if most of your family and friends were on o2. I would personally value the any-network texts 3 offer and the any network weekend calls.

o2 - €20 top-up = free o2 calls and texts. 7.99 for data leaves 12 Euro worth of calls and texts (thats 120 mins OR texts) to other networks a month - seems like it might be 60 mins with the connection fee!

3 - €20 top-up = free 3 calls and texts, unlimited and network texts, €5 for data leave €15 for calls. But three add on an extra €10 for every €20 top up, so thats €25. Although the per minute charge is more, it only applies Mon-Fri. So you would have 71 mins for use Mon-Fri.

True but solely if you had a spare sim it would be good. Also the O2 add-on is 9.99 not 7.99 so it's worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Hmmm seems like a too good to be true scenario. If it is true though fair play to o2. I ordered one there on a spare number I had. Will report here once I get it in a few weeks.

bd250110 wrote: »

Are Three Free Calls not limited to the weekends?

Also is their "FREE" calls not limited to 3000 or 4000 texts

As where this offer is 5000 texts and mins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

What promo code do you use when ordering a golden sim? Wont let em order one otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

It texts the promo code to your phone after you pass through the first page!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

O2_Daryll wrote: »
    Thank Davy got your PM now.

Does anyone have any questions about this offer?

I am now on Vodafone and my phone (handset) is getting old. If I get the Golden SIM and move to O2, will I be able to buy the phones on offer for prepay upgrade? Or will a prepay upgrade phone purchase cause me to lose the Golden SIM rates?

Also, what are the international rates? I am most interested in the rates to Russia.

Also - what is the data price on the Golden SIM if I don't get the data addon? (Surfing from the phone, email, text messages etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

So is a 40 second call, 9 cent, 10 Cent or 19 cent. The marketing shout seems to suggest 10 cent but with a 9 cent set up charge it seems impossible that anyone can actually make a call for the advertised rate of 10 cent?

Any answer to this?

Is it really a "minimum" charge? It seems to be listed as a "connection" charge? That would make a 1 minute landline call cost 19 cent (9 cent for the connection and 10 cent for the minute of time)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

MichaelR wrote: »
    Is it really a "minimum" charge? It seems to be listed as a "connection" charge? That would make a 1 minute landline call cost 19 cent (9 cent for the connection and 10 cent for the minute of time)

I'm on the Speakeasy prepay flat rate tariff (all mobile & landline calls 20c per min) and the 9c connection charge is in addition to the per minute rate.

So a one minute call costs me 29c, two minute call costs 49c, 30 second call 19c, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

just got my golden sim today, do you have to maintain a positive credit balance to avail of the free 02 calls and texts? as i keep hearing the message 'you do not have sufficient credit to make this call' ? I haven't topped up yet.

Advertisement