Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMMERCIAL to Residential

Options
  • 23-05-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing an old commercial property and will be using it as a residence.

How do I get the ESB connected again - it is now vacant and no supply. It is in a town, so I assume it is the fuse outside or inside. Also, how long does it take? At what cost?

Why is there not a telephone number for people from overseas - 1850 or whatever does not work for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Bordeaux1,
    Bordeaux1 wrote:
    How do I get the ESB connected again... how long does it take? At what cost?

This depends on how long the property has been without power. If it has been disconnected for less than 6 months, then we can usually arrange for you to be connected within 48hrs, at a cost of €79.45 (incl. VAT). However, if there is any wiring work to be done, then you would need to get an electrician to certify the installation as safe before the site could be reconnected.

This also goes for properties that have been without power for a period greater than 6 months; a cert from a RECI or ECSSA qualified electrician would be mandatory in this case.

If the site has been without supply for 2 years or more, then you would need to contact ESB Networks to apply for a connection. You can find further information here.
    Bordeaux1 wrote:
    Why is there not a telephone number for people from overseas - 1850 or whatever does not work for me.

We have landline contact numbers that customers from overseas can use listed on our website (here); for ESB Electric Ireland it's +353 1 8529534, and for ESB Networks it's +353 21 4947260.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bordeaux1

Thanks David,

Will give it a go, somebody makes money all the time...

Advertisement