Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Thomson Modem/Router and Slingbox

• 23-05-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Having a problem setting up my Slingbox with my new UPC router/modem. Doesnt show up as a connected device in the Thomsons admin despite resets and reconnections. Shows up on the front of the Thomson when you plug in and out the network cable but thats about it! Anyone set up their Slingbox on the new router yet?

Cheers,
    Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭shaneob86

Have you tried manually opening ports?

http://support.slingbox.com/get/network-assistant.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Hi Simon, got mine working fine with it just had to open port 5001 on the thomson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hi Simon, got mine working fine with it just had to open port 5001 on the thomson

Thanks Big Gig,

I have it working fine now on the laptop (using the wireless bit of the Thomson) but can't get it working from the outside world. Going through firewall settings and all that stuff now to try and get it sorted. When I try to access via the internet it just says Slingplayer cannot connect - make sure you are connected to the internet etc...

I'm right to be opening the port by using forwarding in ADVANCED > FORWARDING > IP Address - 5001 to 5001 - both?

Thanks again,
    Simon

Advertisement