Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golden pages

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭al22

Stick it into a decent Google Adwords campaign is my advice OP and forget about the Golden Pages... Ask anyone who has previously advertised with them, I doubt you would find a single person who would give them repeat business, I certainly wouldn't based on my dealings with them...

Did a try - over 2 months - thousands of clics and no single customer.
    But nearly 500 CVs from people who are looking for a job + hunddreds emails advertising their businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

al22 wrote: »

Attention about the phone numbers -
    supposed EU decided that from the middle of 2014 all calls to a BUSINESS PHONE NUMBERS must be paid by businesses - not by customers who will call you.

Wow, really? Where did you hear that? I was considering changing my number to an 1800 number from my 1890 number but if it's all going to be free anyway, maybe there's no need...

cormie wrote: »
    Wow, really? Where did you hear that? I was considering changing my number to an 1800 number from my 1890 number but if it's all going to be free anyway, maybe there's no need...

Euronews TV @ 2 weeks ago.
    Customers should not pay phone calls if a company put them on hold waiting and should not pay if need to contact a business. Suppose the EU wide decision - all countries.

More - Customers will have right to return any goods without explanations within 14 days. Money refundded in full including cost of delivery orders to customers.
    If goods to return and need to use post or any other service, cost of return must be paid by business too, not by customer. Any business, including Internet Shops.

It called Customer Rights protection. Good for customers. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Wow! The Goldenpages site is still going? Wonder how many microsite customers it has at the moment?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Euronews TV @ 2 weeks ago.
    Customers should not pay phone calls if a company put them on hold waiting and should not pay if need to contact a business. Suppose the EU wide decision - all countries.

More - Customers will have right to return any goods without explanations within 14 days. Money refundded in full including cost of delivery orders to customers.
    If goods to return and need to use post or any other service, cost of return must be paid by business too, not by customer. Any business, including Internet Shops.

It called Customer Rights protection. Good for customers. :-)

Wow that's pretty crazy, I'm not a goods supplier myself but as a consumer, I think "right to return any goods without explanations within 14 days" could hit businesses hard, especially with the delivery costs etc in that. Does that override the "change of mind" rule in Irish consumer law then I wonder?

The phone call things sounds more customer service related as opposed to for example, one of my customers ringing me to book a job?

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Wow that's pretty crazy, I'm not a goods supplier myself but as a consumer, I think "right to return any goods without explanations within 14 days" could hit businesses hard, especially with the delivery costs etc in that. Does that override the "change of mind" rule in Irish consumer law then I wonder?

The phone call things sounds more customer service related as opposed to for example, one of my customers ringing me to book a job?

Not sure - how about phone calls to you just for fun?

Suppose the Internet Shops would stop sending poor quality goods, different to what they beautifully advertise on the internet?

:-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Attention about the phone numbers -
    supposed EU decided that from the middle of 2014 all calls to a BUSINESS PHONE NUMBERS must be paid by businesses - not by customers who will call you.

I think the legislation you're talking about is to legislate against post-contract/purchase premium rate helplines.

In the UK draft regulations, the business department specifies that a trader entering a contract with a consumer has to provide them with either a "geographic" or landline number, a mobile number or a free phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

looks good to me. My instinct would be to search for 'office removal dublin'

bval.jpg

How reliable is statistics - number of clicks on Google Adwords?

My trial - got hundreds clicks in one month to pay (their information) but nobody contacted for business. I have less than 100 competitors in Ireland and UK together, and a few customers daily -old customers, for years

Compare
    My advertising on the EUROPAGES (all EU Countries) - they have automated statistics -
    shows I had 6 visitors from France and 3 visitors from China - TOTAL
    for a one year - it means 9 clicks from the whole world a year.

Compare to hundreds from UK & Ireland. Difficult to believe. :-)

Advertisement