Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lc papers arrived today (The annual false alarm!)

• 23-05-2011 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

ok so today the leaving cert papers arrived in my school today :/ ...and i cant say i wasnt a lil bit excited lol... but when they arrived they were put in a room with no security the door was left open no teachers in the area at ALL ! ... and that was at 12:30 today .... and as i left school at 6 today i decided to swing by the same room and behold ....nothings changed ... door was still left open no teachers the school was pretty much empty except for about 20 others and the caretaker.... im like how easy would it be to steal them....

of course i wouldn't steal em:p but i must say wow ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

Wow, really? I was always under the impression that the exam papers didn't arrive until the day of each exam...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

No they didn't. What arrived was the writing paper, log tables, graph paper etc. The actual exam papers will not arrive until the morning of the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

flyaway. wrote: »
    Wow, really? I was always under the impression that the exam papers didn't arrive until the day of each exam...

i thought the same but i asked and dats what i was told...they had a yellow seal on them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Can't be can it? I was fairly sure the examiners collect the papers from the garda station or something each morning and put it into this metal chest they have. Surely they wouldn't trust a school with papers just incase teachers, let alone students, got tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

No they didn't. What arrived was the writing paper, log tables, graph paper etc. The actual exam papers will not arrive until the morning of the exam.

okey doke i heard dey arrived tday in our skool... suppose twas a rumor den...

false alarm ppl carry on with the study:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

brownlad wrote: »

false alarm ppl carry on with the study:D

Ours arrived a week or 2 ago and the same rumor occurred.. I was going mad..! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Having carried those terrible boxes last year, for some reason to the highest point in my school i couldn't care what's in them. I'm certain it's rocks or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

ok so today the leaving cert papers arrived in my school today :/

PM me Biology, Ag science, French, DCG, Economics & Technology when you get the chance, thanks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Can't be can it? I was fairly sure the examiners collect the papers from the garda station or something each morning and put it into this metal chest they have. Surely they wouldn't trust a school with papers just incase teachers, let alone students, got tempted.

Yep, the examiners collect them from the garda station each morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I thought it was collected from the SEC centre in athlone ? At least thats what thhe examiner told me when i was the attendant last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I thought it was collected from the SEC centre in athlone ? At least thats what thhe examiner told me when i was the attendant last year.

If they are supervising in a school in the Athlone region then they do, if they are anywhere else then it's the local garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeirs

my mom works in the post office, they dont come till the morning of the exam. theyre collected from the post office each morning then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ours arrived a week or 2 ago and the same rumor occurred.. I was going mad..! :P
    Same rumour EVERY year.

Nothing to see here, folks, move along quietly now!! :p

Oh, and brownlad, ENGLISH please, not textspeak!! >.<

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement