Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Involuntary Downtime -Retro Recommendations Please!

• 23-05-2011 7:42pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

I'm currently layed up with an ankle being held together with plates, screws and love. I can't stand and play my beloved cab so need some games I can play on my modestly spec'd laptop.

I have a Wii and Xbox 360 but I've decided to keep it retro... I've had an itch for some strategy the last few days so I gave K240 on Amiga and Acendancy on PC a couple of hours and am looking for some recommendations....so take it away Arcade & Retro Forum.

LoGiE :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Strategy... Heroes of Might and Magic? They're on GoG

There's also the Commandos games and the Battle Isle series.

And then you can go for the daddy of them all, Xcom on Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Snes: Actraiser, Terranigma, Secret of Mana, Link to the past, R-type 3, EVO: Search for Eden, Sim city.

G.B.: Links awakening, Tetris.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The X Com games are brilliant, the likes of the Return Fire and the extra disk Maps 'O Death is awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you played the first two Fallout games? If not then they'd be one enjoyable way to spend an incapacitated few weeks.

Hope you get better soon. I did something similar two years ago and am still paying for it. Make sure you try to move it as soon as you can. And for the love of god, wear compression stockings! If I'd been given them after my break I wouldn't be experiencing half the trouble I am now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You could come to the beers on Friday!
    Ok, so going upstairs is a no no, but we could wheel you to the bottom and have a wonderful evening listening to the rest of us having a great time!
    But, I have a career behind me of moving wheelchairs and peeps on crutches about, once you don't mind one hand on the back of your belt and the other on the back of your collar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Most importantly hope you recover well

As for games maybe look into the Monkey Island series

And Replay Zelda Majoras Mask

Take care and best wishes

Sparks43

Advertisement