Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pop.eircom.net /webmail.eircom.net server down/slow?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

I'm having problems receiving mail from the server - I'm getting time-out error messages when trying to get my mail through MS Outlook.

Anyone else experiencing this?

This is the error message I get:

"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I'm having problems receiving mail from the server - I'm getting time-out error messages when trying to get my mail through MS Outlook.

"Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP)."

Hi notahappycamper,

Thanks for your query and for contacting eircom on boards.

I suggest you ensure your email client is set up correctly, or recreate the eircom email account using email client settings.

The following eircom email settings and website may help you with this :

E-mail settings:
    Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

How to Configure your Email Client - http://bit.ly/lcnDLC

Afterwards, If you PM your eircom email address I can check /or test if your account is working.

Otherwise - Please contact eircom Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Let me know if I can help you further on this or any other matter.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

seems to be working now. But there was definitely something wrong with it yesterday evening.

Also, have you changed the incoming mail server from mail2.eircom.net to webmail.eircom.net or does it matter which one it's on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

seems to be working now. But there was definitely something wrong with it yesterday evening.

Also, have you changed the incoming mail server from mail2.eircom.net to webmail.eircom.net or does it matter which one it's on?

Thanks for getting back.

Glad to hear your email account is working again.

Yes our incoming mailserver is webmail.eircom.net.

Please monitor your email over the next few days and if any problems let us know.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

Im getting the same problem today. Mail been sent to my Blackberry but cant get it to download to my laptop, keeps timing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Im getting the same problem today. Mail been sent to my Blackberry but cant get it to download to my laptop, keeps timing out.

Hi MICHAELO_4921

If receiving mail to Blackberry but not to laptop it would seem to indicate your mail settings may be incorrect.. Have you tried to re set using guide provided by my colleague Ant in above post?
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

Thanks Tony,

The problem was only on Saturday. I was able to get all my email on Sunday morning, with no setting changes.

Thanks Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks Tony,

The problem was only on Saturday. I was able to get all my email on Sunday morning, with no setting changes.

Thanks Michael

Ok Michael
    glad to hear that, if no setting changes I can't really explain what happened:confused:
    Thanks for getting back.
    Tony

Advertisement