Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons with Avia

• 23-05-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Looking to take driving lessons through Avia as they have a good deal with insurance.

They list 3 instructors in limerick that you have to go through.
    Anyone be able to reccommend one of them through personal experince please.

They are

Finbarr Ryan Limerick City, Tipperaray Town.
    Eoin Murray Ennis, Shannon, Limerick City
    Pat O'Neill Limerick City

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I went to Pat. Found him to be a very nice man. Good instructor and patient too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Finbarr taught me, nice man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭apc

Thanks for the replies, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

finbarr was sound, but a terrible driving instructor I spent a lot of time just parked up in the car park of the kilmurry and lodge and any other time just driving around castletoy. but at the time with insurance and lessons it was a great deal so it was worth it to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mister o

Frankly, a waste of time and money. too many lessons rescheduled and too far apart, hence no consistency. Go private and stump up for the insurance, you'll be better off in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 K8lyn

I went to Pat, found him to be a really nice man, very patient but failed to teach me a lot of things like how to gear down when braking, emergency stops etc. My father was shocked at my driving after I went to him.

Having said that though, he was great for test technique and for roundabouts, he loves his roundabouts... But Aviva do a great deal, and you get money off your renewal after having completed the ten lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mister o

The world is full of nice guys, but when you pay good money (and you are paying good money) you have the right to expect, and should receive, a quality product.

Advertisement