Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone down to one Traffic Warden.

Options
  • 23-05-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Due to a retirement Athlone is down to one traffic warden. I believe only one warden will be on traffic duty as the norm from here on out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Fine by me :D

Just a heads up for anyone driving up Northgate Street tonight: the traffic lights are stuck on red heading to church street/town bridge so you have to drive through them even if they're red.

Don't get caught like an eejit sitting at a red light for ten minutes before finally figuring it out like I did earlier.

And be cautious going from Church Street to the bridge because cars will be running the red light at the top of Northgate street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

who retired???
    That john bollocks??

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭martin1

who retired???
    That john bollocks??

The above remark is really sad and incorrect.
    Where has our education system gone wrong in this country when people use such bad language.

Dont you know that names always begin with capital letters
    so it should be John with a capital J
    and Bollocks with a CAPITAL B :D

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

who retired???
    That john bollocks??

Nah... It must be martin1!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Time was there was only Vincent Plunkett holding the fort as Athlone's only traffic warden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Time was there was only Vincent Plunkett holding the fort as Athlone's only traffic warden.

Lol I remember him. In fairness there weren't half as many cars around then. Fairly crazy end to his life as I recall, he was brutally murdered in Dublin when he was 80 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I know people don't like traffic wardens, but with the way some of the muppets in this town abandon cars at the side of the road, we could do with a few more wardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Jaysus, I'm living in Buncrana in Donegal which is about 1/4 the size of Athlone and there are 2 up here - can't so much as run in the shop for a pack of fags without getting caught

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Lol I remember him. In fairness there weren't half as many cars around then. Fairly crazy end to his life as I recall, he was brutally murdered in Dublin when he was 80 years old.

That's a blast from the past, I remember this. He got a very bad name for himself in Dublin, serial stalker (one of his victims committed suicide). Hassled a lot of people relentlessly and made a lot of enemies. I think his killer died in jail.

Advertisement