Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedgehog help needed.

• 23-05-2011 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello, I found a hedgehog on my lawn there is blood around its nose or mouth.I have put in a cardboard box and it is in my hall, it is breathing but cant move what should I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

check out www.irishwildlifematters.ie and depends where you are located

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

If you're in Dublin bring him to Dogs Aid, Maggie does hedgehog rescue.087 2944310

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

Im in cavan if it makes it to the morning I will take it to dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Did the hedgehog make it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Did the hedgehog make it?
    put him in a quiet area, say your garage, leave some catfood and water for him to bring up his strength, and in a few nights leave him out when it is getting dark, they are more active at night, if one see them in daylight, then something is wrong with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

4400kevin wrote: »
    Im in cavan if it makes it to the morning I will take it to dublin.

Bring it to a vet - generally they treat injured wild animals for free. Catfood and a dish of water as goat2 says - stick it in a box with some shredded paper but beware the pong if its there a few days:eek:

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Take it to a local Vet asap. Most Vets will treat wildlife for free. It needs an antibiotic shot urgently & is probably dehydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭4400kevin

He was dead this morning so I buried him what a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

At least you gave the hog a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Bleeding from the nose can indicate head trauma. Since you had the box in your hallway you may want to get a spray or powder for ticks and fleas. Hedges are crawling with them!

It's a shame he didn't make it but don't beat yourself up about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement