Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign at entrance to ennell

Options
  • 23-05-2011 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭

Well folks, went down to ennell last week, just for a walk, no fishing done. I think it was the tudenham entrance on the way out, i seen i sheet of paper stuck to the entrance barrier. It said 'if you see pike spawning, phone (mobile number)'. No fisheries logo or anything else, that was all it said. Seemed funny to me. Anyone know is that official or what? Wasn at the other entrance to the camping site place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

Sounds like someone wants a pet pike to me dusty.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

School project maybe?

I put up signs years ago for a school science project on fish.

Very strange all the same not having any other details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

SeaFields wrote: »
    School project maybe?

I put up signs years ago for a school science project on fish.

Very strange all the same not having any other details.

thats what i thought. I thought there might have been some logo or stamp or something. What would a school project like that involve? Just the look of the sign, wouldn be too enticed to ring them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Dusty87 wrote: »
    What would a school project like that involve?

My immediate thought would have been the young scientist competition. Work for that is done over the summer. Would have thought the sign would have some reference to this down tho.

I did that competition years ago. Good memories. We did it on fishing gear and baits and what were best in a particular spot. We put signs up at all the fishing places and asked anglers to fill out a survey. Worked fairly well. (I was such a feckin' nerd in school!)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

Could always ring them and ask what it's about... if it's on the level I'm sure they'd be happy to discuss it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

My first thought would be the local trout club want to know where pike are spawning so they can cull them.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aidanf

My first thought would be the local trout club want to know where pike are spawning so they can cull them.

That was my first thought too.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

also my first thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Why not just do the most obvious thing........

Ring and ask them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Why not just do the most obvious thing........

Ring and ask them?

because i didn take the number and am about an hour drive away. Didn think much of it at first, but then was in the same line of thinkin as the lads above so the next obvious thing would be to ask here. Someone might know if there was some survey being done or something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement