Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sks rookie pump - embarrassing question

• 23-05-2011 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

hi,

I got a new bike with all the bits and bobs and i was just looking at the pump and i dont see how it fits the valve? anyone got this pump can shed any light on how I use it? do i need to buy any adaptors?

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Looks like the valve should be reversible (pull/twist it off and put it in the other way) to give you the two different attachments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

What pump what valve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

As mentioned.

1.Unscrew the cap thats at the top of the Pump.

2. Use a screwdriver or a pliers or if your lucky your fingers to pull the rubber part out.

3 Along with this will be a plastic attachment behind.

4 Now.

MTB(schrader) - You need to put the Thin pointy part on the plastic through the small hole on the rubber.

Racers(Presta ) You need to put the fat plastic part into the big hole on the rubber.

5. Re assembly is reverse to dis assembly.

Or you could maybe RTFM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I didnt get the manual with it :(

here is my valve and pump

valve.JPG

Have you followed the steps above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

You have a presta valve. Follow Kona's steps.

kona wrote: »
    Have you followed the steps above?

yep just did, all is good! one other question, how do you deflate or let some air out of that type of valve?

jon1981 wrote: »
    yep just did, all is good! one other question, how do you deflate or let some air out of that type of valve?

Unscrew the Nipple part at the top a small bit and push it in. Make sure you tighten it after its re-inflated.

Unscrew the Nipple part at the top a small bit and push it in. Make sure you tighten it after its re-inflated.

one final question, does that nipple have to be loosened when im pumping it up?

jon1981 wrote: »
    one final question, does that nipple have to be loosened when im pumping it up?

Yup, give it a push in too before you connect the pump.

• Advertisement

Yup, give it a push in too before you connect the pump.

cheers, cool, fully deflated and inflated... now i wont look like a fool when i have to it on the road or someplace!

Those pumps should only be relied on to get you home. They are useless for getting the correct tyre pressure. A Track Pump is needed for that. If you have a racer, you are looking at 120psi + unfortunatley those pumps aint the best at Volumetric efficiency!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Best thing I ever bought was a decent track pump. Joe Blow.

Advertisement