Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else see this or know what this is?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Rain! That's what it looks like to me. If your asking about the pink/orange shading it looks like something to do with the camera phone. Nearer the end of the clip when the phone is moving around the shading is moving with it. It could also be the sun shining on the rainfall.
    If I were you I'd check out the house for a leprechaun with a pot of gold in the fireplace:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

It's a part of a rainbow. nothing supernatural!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It appears to be a column of hot air rising from angry pedestrians waiting impatiently and traffic lights.

There was an orange glow over the town about 9 pm. It cleared quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

If that was this evening then I noticed something similar around 9.o clock.
    I live about a mile from Douighiska. I thought it was just one cloud which was much brighter (orangey white) than the surrounding grey ones and that the setting sun was reflecting off it. The light it cast was unusual in that all the green grass and trees seem to be a much brighter shade of green. I wouldn't say it's a rare phenomena, just an unusual cloud formation that threw some cool shades of colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Nature putting on a show. Thanks for sharing the video.

Looks like the cloud above a rain shower is being lit up by light reflecting/refracting off the rain shower. The sunset colour really stands out because the rest of the cloud is in shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

When was this?

Could it have been the huge fire on the derelict house beside merlin park hospital last sunday 15th May?
    I went by on the bus about 9PM, the fire was crazy and the sky was such a bizzare colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

ITS THE GOVERNMENTS WITHS THEIRS CHEMTRAILS!!!!1111oneone

I'd have to agree with the rain &refraction/reflection. You can see a rainbow starting from near the chimney too,so i'd say its the angle to the sun that the camera is facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Excellent I'm not going mad. I had the blinds closed in my office around that time and was working when all of a sudden the room turned an orange colour. I looked outside and everything was orange.

...and now i know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

I was trying to shoot a TIME lapse vidoe off my balcony in lough atalia around the same time last night & the whole sky went bright orange for a couple of minutes & f**ed everything up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Taken a few secs later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

nice pics notch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah it was like looking at the world through tinted windows yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

I think it was the dog on eyre square heading back to his mothership!

Advertisement