Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing genuine games on hacked console

• 23-05-2011 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my brother has an xbox and is not using it at the moment. I want to play a legal copy of LA Noire on it. Not sure what firmware it has but it's old as he got the drive flashed a few years ago.
    Does anyone know if new legit games will work with old flashed drives?
    Just want to make sure before I spend money on the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Of course, you can play any original with any version of DVD drive firmware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

cool thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Not sure but thought, on wii anyhow, if you updated from disc that it could screw up the mod and possibly brick it?? Just a warnin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Berns wrote: »
    Not sure but thought, on wii anyhow, if you updated from disc that it could screw up the mod and possibly brick it?? Just a warnin.

It's a different type of modification to the Wii, completely different.

Soon though, games will appear that require the very latest dashboard, which is the first one that will re-flash your DVD drive with stock firmware. For now, play any original you like

Advertisement