Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant decide what watch to get

• 23-05-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I am looking to get my 1st decent watch after years of using my phone for the time id like to get a watch. Ideally id love a Tag F1 but my budget cant stretch to it at the moment so I have a few watches I like let me know what ya think. Or if ya recommend something similar thats better.

TX T3C061
    41XVTS9fpuL.jpg

TX T3C313
    T3C313TX.jpg

TX T3C315
    t3c315-mens-linear-black-dial-black-resin-strap-watch.jpg

TX T3C176
    endlesscom-watches-tx-mens-t3c176-650-flyback-chrono-dual-time-black-dial-stainless-steel-leather-band-watch.jpg

Casio EDIFICE EQS500C-1A1
    11252126-best.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

you might also like this
    rocket-2202099-big_jpg.jpg

slightly less busy dial, but still striking

http://www.megawatchstore.com/vostok-europe-rocket-n1-os22-2202099-11090.html

Then again, there are hundreds (thousands?) of good looking quarz chronos ...hard to recommend one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

peasant wrote: »
    you might also like this
    rocket-2202099-big_jpg.jpg

slightly less busy dial, but still striking

http://www.megawatchstore.com/vostok-europe-rocket-n1-os22-2202099-11090.html

Then again, there are hundreds (thousands?) of good looking quarz chronos ...hard to recommend one

Arrgh thats lovely as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭TheDukeOfEarl

Without knowing anything about watches, and based purely on aesthetics, I say the Casio.

Without knowing anything about watches, and based purely on aesthetics, I say the Casio.

Its lovely alright :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd say similar. Though for actually telling the time at a glance I'd be looking at the Vostok.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

funnyclub wrote: »
    let me know what ya think. ...............
    TX T3C313
    TX T3C315

I wouldn't be a huge watch head but I don't think the two of them look the part at all, the Casio is nice but very busy looking. I'd go for either the TX T3C061 or the Vostok if my Casio Titanium died and I was spending a decent lash of cash and had to chose a watch from the ones in this thread.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I like the Casio too, but it's Japanese, not Swiss. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Tnx lads I went for the casio but I have a feeling this aint gonna be my last watch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Tnx lads I went for the casio but I have a feeling this aint gonna be my last watch :)
    I was just about to enquire into your budget and launch into a deluge of recommendations, but we'll have to save that for your next watch I guess... :)

I was just about to enquire into your budget and launch into a deluge of recommendations, but we'll have to save that for your next watch I guess... :)

Ah tnx man. Next one hopefully be a bit more expensive a Tag F1 hopefully :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

I have a f1 only about 1 month old (Top of the range not the cheap plastic finish)for sale with all the paper work if you can stretch your budget a bit .

Carpenter wrote: »
    I have a f1 only about 1 month old (Top of the range not the cheap plastic finish)for sale with all the paper work if you can stretch your budget a bit .

Any pics info?

Tnx but not my cup of tea. A bit too bling :D

No problem the Casio is a nice watch and I know the Tag,s are mad money my 1 is 1250 in the shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hi, I have a couple of TX watches and if you like that style of watch they are hard to beat for value at the moment. Basically TX ceased operation last January and retailers are selling their stock at knock down prices. I recently picked up a GT 650 (the one with the brown leather strap here) but it arrived damaged from the states so I had to send it back for a replacement. They look a lot nicer in the flesh so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Darwin wrote: »
    Hi, I have a couple of TX watches
    Do you know what kind of movements they put in them by any chance, and where they were assembled? Are they quartz, or do they have an automatic movement by ETA or Miyota or whatever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Some of the watches in the Festina range look really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Do you know what kind of movements they put in them by any chance, and where they were assembled? Are they quartz, or do they have an automatic movement by ETA or Miyota or whatever?
    Sorry not 100% sure about the movement but I believe it is designed in-house and drives 6-hands (including a second time zone and electronic compass on some). They they are all quartz watches and are assembled in the Phillipines.

Advertisement