Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats there to do in Rosscrea and the surrounding areas?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I've booked a suprise weekend in racket hall rosscrea for meself and the missus on june 24th 25th. I'm looking for some local knowledge.

anywhere we should go? is there anything on that weekend? any pubs/restaurants you'ld recommend or day trips worth doing? (maybe something involving lough derg?)

Any help is much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Wickla in Blaa

Reviews of the fiacri house seem to be good. should i be booking a table here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Yes, Fiacri House is excellent. Serious brownie points if you dine there!

Roscrea is only 10 minutes from Moneygall so you can go have a look at the Obama ancestral homestead (just a look mind, I don't think you can get inside).

Lough Derg also recommended - you have Ballina/Killaloe (some great restaurants there too), Garrykennedy, Dromineer, Coolbawn, Terryglass, Ballinderry......... you won't have enough time !

Some great walks and views in the Silvermines Mountains.....

Enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Wickla in Blaa

cheers jprboy. was going to have a spin by moneygall alright and you've made my mind up on Fiacri house now too.

much appreciated

Advertisement