Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince - Malahide Castle - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Are PaddyPowers offering odd's on this gig being cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Its hard to see it going ahead alright after the last no show

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Could be some truth. Malahide Castle is Aitkin Promotions as you would never see MCD working with him again! Alot of rumours on fan forums of a Dublin gig..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Fúckin schweet! Missed him in South Carolina by a day a few weeks ago!!!!
    Tickets were $20. And Bill Murray was there!

I except tickets will be.. €75. and Ryan Tubridy will be there....

But still! Nice one. I had Gold circle for 2008's cancelled gig. I'm excited by this if it's true

Looks like its happening. Tickets out Friday...

www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0524/1224297639155.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

fo' real???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This is great news, don't like Prince at all but i live 2 mins from the Castle, and they're sure to have other gigs there now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Tickets are from €89.50!!!!!!:eek:

Yet for his concerts in LA:
    Prince has set dates for the 8th, 9th, and 10th nights of his ‘21 Night Stand in LA’ leg of the “Welcome 2 America” tour. The three additional shows at The Forum will put Prince and the New Power Generation at the half-way mark after pledging to play 21 nights in L.A. during his current tour.
    These latest shows, which are on sale now at ticketmaster.com, begin Thursday and run through to Saturday. The vast majority, a generous 85% of the tickets, are on sale for $25 with the highest running for less than $200.

I know there are more costs etc associated with coming to Ireland but the price they have set is crazy.

Had tickets for the last gig but don't think Id bother with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

"Tell that cat to chill."

Do you think the Artist Formerly Known As Prince Then Known As A Symbol And Now Known As Prince Again knows this is on? He didn't seem to know about the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

There's no info about it on ticketmaster yet anyway.

• Advertisement

There's no info about it on ticketmaster yet anyway.

It's on the main page so there is info

I'm glad as there's no way they'd set Malahide up just for 1 gig, hoping there will be a series of gigs there this summer, here's hoping for some decent bands

scudzilla wrote: »

I'm glad as there's no way they'd set Malahide up just for 1 gig, hoping there will be a series of gigs there this summer, here's hoping for some decent bands

I swear those b*stards at ticketmaster only put it up now to make me look like a fool!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Pod Concerts confirmed it on Twitter/Facebook.

I guess he fell out with MCD after the last gig that didn't happen.

I swear those b*stards at ticketmaster only put it up now to make me look like a fool!

That's just the way ticketbastard roll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

scudzilla wrote: »

I wouldn't hold my breath. Based on their previous patterns it'll either be two nights of Prince (in the unlikely event it sells out) or there is a remote chance of one other gig a week later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Anyone living in Malahide register for your free tickets now! I'd never pay that much to see him. Daft. Hope he cops on this time around.

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Pod Concerts confirmed it on Twitter/Facebook.

I guess he fell out with MCD after the last gig that didn't happen.

If MCD brought you to court for over €2 million, you might be less inclined to work with them again too! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Have yet to miss out on a Prince Gig in Ireland (Cork - RDS - Point x2 )..so I hope Ticketmaster does not let me down on Friday feck the cost!

ps . on the issue of his normal aftershow party ..POD's connection with Aiken does make one dream of a "Vicar Street" gig my fav and the best music venue in Dublin ..and it looks like it is available. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

DominoDub wrote: »
    Have yet to miss out on a Prince Gig in Ireland (Cork - RDS - Point x2 )..so I hope Ticketmaster does not let me down on Friday feck the cost!

I can't imagine you'll have trouble getting tickets. Couldn't see it selling out really quickly given the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Saw him in O2 London on his long stint there

Best Gig ever, without a doubt

maybe it was the intimacy, or just his mood

It was so good I'd nearly pay this if Malahide astle was a good gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Had six tickets for the 2008 gig.
    Dunno if id pay ninety quid for this even tho it's only ten mins from my house.
    I think it's a wee bit of a piss take.
    It Aint 2008 no more!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

DominoDub wrote: »

ps . on the issue of his normal aftershow party ..POD's connection with Aiken does make one dream of a "Vicar Street" gig my fav and the best music venue in Dublin ..and it looks like it is available. :D

Don't think Pod and Aiken have done too much together since EP a few years back and Aiken sold there stake in that to Festival republic..

90 Bills is mental but I'm still thinking of going. He's playing a fest in poland first weekend in july that costs 100 euro for 4 days that I was going to go to, but he also did a gig that cost 80 quid in Belgium last year. This summer could make Pod lots of money or ruin them I say.

I definitely wouldn't be buying any tickets from touts and whatnot for this unless the man himself came to me and guaranteed he'd be there.

90 quid the cheapest ticket...

...Standing and seated tickets on sale 9am Fri 27th May. Prices range from EU89.50 / EU99.50 / EU120 / EU130 (incl bookng fees)

Probably 'Gold Circle' tickets the dearest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I also caught him in London in The o2 arena when he priced all tickets at £31.21 and gave out free copies of his Planet Earth album to everyone coming in the door.

Also his LA gigs are priced around $20-25 general admission, so €90 for Malahide Castle is just scandalous. Given the fiasco that was his last scheduled Irish appearance, you would think he might want to be seen to actually give a damn about repairing his reputation on this island :confused:

Suppose the organisers know people will pay the money regardless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

saw him in O2 a few years back - when it was the point - and it was 75euros a ticket and i was only sorry i had not bought tickets for the second night!
    by far the best ever gig.
    If I can manage to get tickets this friday I will be so happy happy happy,but after the last fiasco I am not too sure i should, I was sooo looking forward to it, my only gig that year as I was pregnant and I still can't believe how let down we were ;-(
    Ahh heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

had tickets for croker. also saw him in cork, so i am a bit of a fan, not a huge one tho....

but theres no way on earth i would give 90 euro to watch him in a field. i can see this concert selling feck all tickets, and him bailing out again. lads this is a joke of a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

emo72 wrote: »
    i can see this concert selling feck all tickets, and him bailing out again. lads this is a joke of a price.
    dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I suggest "liking" pod live on Facebook and telling them what we think of their ticket prices. Shambo@*x!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Got 2 tickets for the "Purple Pit" :D
    Can't wait....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Got 2 "PIT" feck the cost ...:D

Strange ...it says standing when ordering but the online confirmation receipt shows this :

Section
    PIT
    Row
    G4
    Seats
    4** - 4**

Advertisement