Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince - Malahide Castle - July 30th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

kieronon wrote: »
    I've heard Hypnotic Brass Ensemble are supporting, can anyone confirm this? Hope they are as they are amazing live!

Nothing confirmed yet from POD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

I've heard Hypnotic Brass Ensemble are supporting, can anyone confirm this? Hope they are as they are amazing live!

Yes its looking like the Hypnotic Brass Ensemble according to their Twitter:D

Twitter "We get another opportunity 2 rock out with a Legend again on 30th, July in Dublin at the castle. I'm not suppose 2 open my mouth, but.."

"Shhhhhhh don't tell nobody, cuz this is a secret... lol This is HUGE!!!!! This dude is a Master at making great Music. Making ladies loose control. N he's asked HBE 2 rock out w/ em. His name is?"

****Update just up on the POD's Twitter Now
    PODLIVEGIGS POD Live
    RT @hypnoticbrass to support Prince @ Malahide Castle. Ticket available from EU89.50 (incl booking fee) from ticketmaster.ie/Prince-tickets…

http://www.hypnoticbrassensemble.com/

Are these guys any good??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kieronon

Deisler wrote: »
    Are these guys any good??

They're awesome, defo give them a listen before saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggOVNYFlP7Q

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

They are playing in Cork the day after Prince and I wanted to see them, except I have something else on, so great to hear they are playing support!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Questions:

How much is the dart

Where can you get it from

Will they still be returning to town when the show ends

:pac:

They're awesome, defo give them a listen before saturday
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggOVNYFlP7Q

Looks good! I see they are due on at 5.45pm and Prince 8pm. I wonder if any other support will be announced??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

theniall wrote: »
    Questions:

How much is the dart

Where can you get it from

Will they still be returning to town when the show ends

:pac:

http://irishrail.ie/your_ticket/fares_enquiries.asp#dart

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Livoc

it ys gates open at 4pm on tickets but ticketmaster say he starts at 4pm.Does anyone know what time he actually starts at?

Livoc wrote: »
    it ys gates open at 4pm on tickets but ticketmaster say he starts at 4pm.Does anyone know what time he actually starts at?

Prince due on stage 8/8.15pm

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.I don't get why the gates are opening so early tho.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Re "Thanks for that.I don't get why the gates are opening so early tho".

To get 20,000 people into the venue safely.

Im pretty underwhelmed at the support act, i have to say.

Well that's told me :D....Never heard of support act.:confused:...Thanks again for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I hope he plays this classic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

So there's a Pit ticket and then General Admission is different? I don't have a ticket yet, gonna try grab one tomorrow or Thursday. I won't be able to get up front then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

El Pr0n wrote: »
    So there's a Pit ticket and then General Admission is different? I don't have a ticket yet, gonna try grab one tomorrow or Thursday. I won't be able to get up front then?

Seems so, I have a pit ticket or so I've been told ... presents are great...:).

I'm gonna drive I think from Carlow. Anybody know the parking arrangements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mazer79

Think parking is available in the venue for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mazer79

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=7782
    Patrons are strongly advised that there is limited car parking available on site at a cost of €10 per vehicle. Road signage will be in place on all approach routes to Concert venue.

There will be no on road parking in the precincts of Malahide Castle Grounds and all vehicles parked illegally will be towed.

Limited concert parking can only be accessed from the Main Entrance to Malahide Castle on the Back Road near Malahide Garden Centre. Motorists wishing to avail of these Concert Car Parks should only approach the Back Road from the Malahide/Dublin Road direction due to traffic restrictions. All other routes to the Main Entrance, Back Road will be limited to residents and access only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 johnbrownuk88

a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

DART & Train times

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=1170
    The following special trains will operate in connection with the Prince concert at Malahide Castle:

Saturday 30th July

16.28, 17.27, 17.40, 18.25, 18.42, 19.10, 19.25 and 19.41 Pearse Station to Malahide

18.23 Lansdowne Road to Malahide

22.45, 23.01, 23.19, 23.41, 23.50, 00.01, 00.14, 00.31 and 00.41 Malahide to Dublin Connolly

00.22 Malahide to Greystones.

Also, alterations to regular services are as follows:

15.15 Drogheda to Pearse may be delayed by 5 - 10 minutes.

16.50 Connolly to Belfast may be delayed by 5 - 10 minutes.

18.40 Connolly to Drogheda may be delayed by 5 - 10 minutes.

19.00 Howth to Greystones may be delayed by 5 - 10 minutes at Howth Junction.

14.30 Greystones to Howth will be diverted to Malahide.

15.25 Bray to Howth will be diverted to Malahide.

16.25 Bray to Howth will be diverted to Malahide.

16.00 Howth to Greystones will now operate from Malahide at 16.05.

16.45 Howth to Bray will now operate from Malahide at 16.38.

17.45 Howth to Bray will now operate from Malahide at 17.40.

22.30 Malahide to Greystones is deferred to 22.52.

21.55 Bray to Howth will operate to Malahide.

23.20 Howth to Dublin Connolly will commence from Malahide at 23.25 and operate to Bray.

22.55 Howth to Bray is deferred to 23.30.

22.05 Drogheda to Dublin Connolly is deferred to 22.30.

23.20 Dublin Connolly to Dundalk is deferred to 23.40.

Due to expected heavy loadings before and after the concert, DART, Belfast Enterprise, Sligo and Rosslare Intercity, Maynooth/M3 Parkway and Northern Commuter services may be delayed by 15 - 25 minutes from 17.00 hrs. onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

poundhound wrote: »
    Im pretty underwhelmed at the support act, i have to say.

Only saw Hypnotic Brass Ensemble last weekend, they are amazing live! Videos, even CD's don't do them justice. Very funky hip hop brass group, perfect start to what is shaping up to be a great night as far as I'm concerned!

HBE are now making my purple pit tickets feel even sweeter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

They'll be a fantastic opener. Will really lift the crowd before the little purple lad gets going!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pop legend Prince is on a mission to Ireland to prove a point to his fans, he has told band-mates.

Organisers behind this weekend's 30,000-capacity gig at Malahide Castle, in north Dublin, said the performer is intent on making up for cancelling his Croke Park date three years ago at short notice.

Robbie Butler, of promoter POD concerts, said he was talking to Prince's band and the only problem they expect this time round is getting the genre-defying genius to wrap up the show.

"They said he wants to come to Dublin to prove a point," he said. "He just wants to come and do a great show."

Mr Butler said Prince phoned the concert promoters directly and said he wanted to come to Ireland.

He added: "The only problem will be getting him off the stage."

The 52-year-old singer has been playing to rave reviews during his latest European tour which kicked off in Paris three weeks ago. He has warned audiences to bring foot spray because "it's going to be funky".

The Malahide Castle show on Saturday will be his first in Ireland for nearly a decade and the biggest ever event in the sprawling seaside estate.

The set-list is expected to include many of his greatest hits including Kiss, Purple Rain, U Got That Look, Raspberry Beret, Alphabet Street, Diamonds and Pearls and Cream.

He is planning at least a three-hour set, said organisers.

LINKY: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/prince-axed-show-151551430.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Anybody know a 24hr car park near Pearse or Connolly. The DART goes from Pearse but goes back to Connolly.

Is the one at Connolly 24hr?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

jamc wrote: »
    Anybody know a 24hr car park near Pearse or Connolly. The DART goes from Pearse but goes back to Connolly.

Is the one at Connolly 24hr?

Yes i'm almost sure the car park is 24hr as the pay parking there and at other stations is 24h/7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Its saying doors open at 4.. who else is playing?

I would expect him onstage for 9, so what's going to happen in the 5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Anyone know if I can get a ticket on the night?

The weather forecast won't do them any favours - heavy rain predicted for Saturday night. You'll need to wrap up, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ceebee1981

The weather forecast won't do them any favours - heavy rain predicted for Saturday night. You'll need to wrap up, folks.

Not the forecasts I've seen. Mostly it's sunny but cloudy with chance of showers, not too bad really.

• Advertisement

ceebee1981 wrote: »
    Not the forecasts I've seen. Mostly it's sunny but cloudy with chance of showers, not too bad really.
    From http://www.rte.ie/weather/

Tomorrow
    Some bright spells on Saturday, but a fair amount of cloud also with some showers or patchy rain. More persistent rain will affect areas along the west coast in the afternoon and spread eastwards through the evening and night. Warm and humid with highest temperatures of 18 to 21 degrees and light to moderate southerly winds.

Advertisement