Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aupair wage?

Options
  • 23-05-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anyone know what a nanny/ aupair should be earning for 35-40hours work working in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

OP - major differences between a Nanny as opposed to an Au Pair , one is full time doing up to 40 hours per week ( Nanny ) while an Au pair is a lot less hours for much less money.
    A lot of people think they can hire an Au pair to work as a Nanny on au pair wages - the au pair usually quits in that case !

You need to decide are you talking about an Au Pair or a Nanny .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

If you are living with the family, the most you will get is 100.
    I worked as a live in Au Pair, and I received one hundred euro a week, but I was fed every day and lived rent free for the whole time, so it is absolutely worth it.
    The best job I've ever had, and I would do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Tiger123

Thanks for replying. the job is advertised as an au pair job and they said the approximate hours i'd be working is 35-40. I didn't know there was a difference between the two!!! thanks guys for helping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭CoolGirl101

Tiger123 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. the job is advertised as an au pair job and they said the approximate hours i'd be working is 35-40. I didn't know there was a difference between the two!!! thanks guys for helping

I'd say the best thing is to discuss it with the family and all, I really recommend doing it though, especially if you like working with kids, it is really fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

OP - good advice to discuss with the prospective employer , I can't help but feel they are trying to get their childcare ultra cheap :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭bob the bob

I pay an au-pair £250 sterling a month for 35 hour week. She has room and board for free, and the point of the scheme is to improve her English. Evenings and weekends are her own.

She left her last job because they wanted a servant 7 days a week.

Advertisement