Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to practice...

Options
  • 23-05-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I was just wondering does anyone know of anywhere i could practice some piano around the city?? Preferably somewhere a little more private than public venues would be great!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

skwinty wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering does anyone know of anywhere i could practice some piano around the city?? Preferably somewhere a little more private than public venues would be great!!

Thanks!
    Are you looking to play an actual piano or do you have a portable keyboard? There are a couple of rehearsal rooms available which might suit if you're bringing your own gear. See here for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

well am looking for an actual piano in galway city.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

There's one upstairs in Javas which customers *can* play. It kinda depends how good you are honestly, if you are playing sweet soft stuff well, and it's not packed, nobody seems to mind. But if you are banging away badly, they may, or a customer may request you to s the f up!

A smaller out a bit church may have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Ask yer man outside the Cathedral for a go on his keys... or try get a piano on freecycle & place it in a field or vacant house that's within walking distance?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

try get a piano on freecycle & place it in a field
    Yeah, it makes a lot of sense to get a wooden acoustic musical instrument and leave it outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A place where they provide a piano that is not a pub or sumsuch?
    No, I don't know of such a place.

Buy a keyboard and practice at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Savin

upstairs in the town house bar at the bottom of quay street, you might hit lucky,

Advertisement