Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Check

Options
  • 23-05-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

According to your map on ngb.ie, NGB in my area has already been 'enabled and migrated', however I'm still only getting an average of around 80KB/sec DOWN and 13KB/sec UP.

I know the map is just a guideline and subject to change etc, but just wondering was there any way I could improve speeds (if I am in fact on NGB?), or if you have any suggestion as to why the speed is slow. (Distance from exchange etc.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

KonFusion wrote: »
    Hi folks,

According to your map on ngb.ie, NGB in my area has already been 'enabled and migrated', however I'm still only getting an average of around 80KB/sec DOWN and 13KB/sec UP.

I know the map is just a guideline and subject to change etc, but just wondering was there any way I could improve speeds (if I am in fact on NGB?), or if you have any suggestion as to why the speed is slow. (Distance from exchange etc.)

Hi KonFusion,

Can you PM your telephone number or account number and I'll check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi folks,

Hi KonFusion,

I got your PM thanks, I will need to look into your DSL connection and this may take a few days.

I will get back to you with an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Hi,

I sent on a PM if you have any follow up queries let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The NGB.ie website has now gone the way of Broadbandatoz.ie last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yeah Eircom why has the NGB site been removed from the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jay93 wrote: »

jay93,

Thanks for your post. I will try to get an answer to your query.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jay93 wrote: »

Hi jay93,

Thanks for waiting on reply.
    Here's a similar post on eircom community forum -

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Broadband/Where-has-the-NGB-ie-coverage-maps-gone/m-p/12429/highlight/true#M7200

Cheers,
    Ant

Advertisement