Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Msc Tourism Management

• 24-05-2011 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Has anyone here done this course or even thinking about doing it next year?

I'm hoping to get in, I already have the conditional offer and I just need to get the grade now - fingers crossed!

I'd love to hear some opinions on it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Has anyone here done this course or even thinking about doing it next year?

I'm hoping to get in, I already have the conditional offer and I just need to get the grade now - fingers crossed!

I'd love to hear some opinions on it...

I accepted my place in it today! Did you get offered it?

Yay, a reply! :D

I got my conditional offer of a II.2 about a month and a half ago and I got the grade to get in so I submitted my final transcripts yesterday to the Postgraduate Office. I haven't heard back yet but I'm pretty sure I'm in now that I have the grade and all.

What did you do for undergrad? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redcurtains

Hi!
    I know this is an old thread but i picked up a last minute place in this course as i applied late but haven't registered yet and wont be paying the deposit until tomorrow! i just emailed the course head to find out if there is an orientation but im afraid he might email toO late and i'll miss out... Have either of you heard about an induction and if so when/where is it?

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭brennra

Hey... i swapped to the Msc in Hospitality management.. only got an email today saying induction is on friday and we would get a letter in the post before then about registering

• Advertisement

Hey Redcurtains! This is the email I got a few weeks ago about induction. Hope it helps :)

"MSc Tourism Management
    Class 2011/12

2 Sept 2011

Dear Applicant

I am writing to formally welcome you to the MSc Tourism Management programme in DIT and to provide you with some information and details before you join us for the 2011/12 academic year.

The first thing you should know is that the programme commences on the Tuesday 20th September for full time students and Wednesday 21st for part time students. As you will be aware, full time students will have lectures on both days (9am-5pm), while part timers will have classes on Wednesday only (9am-5pm).

Please note an Induction session is planned for Friday 16th September from 3.00 to 5pm in the Boardroom of the Cathal Brugha Street campus. All details regarding the programme will be given at this session including your timetable and the academic calendar for the year. If you cannot attend the Induction session I will keep all the relevant information and give it to you when you commence lectures.
    You will receive a letter (by post) from the Registrations office shortly outlining how to register online and how and where to pick up your ID card.
    If you have any queries on any of the above or indeed anything to do with the programme please don’t hesitate to contact me on 01 4027548, or email at gerard.dunne@dit.ie .

I look forward to seeing you on the 16th.

Kind regards

Gerry Dunne

Gerard Dunne, PhD
    Course Coordinator
    MSc Tourism Management
    Dublin Institute of Technology"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 redcurtains

Cool Thanks!

No bother. I'll prob see you on Fri so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sortedmuch

Hi, just wondering how you's got on in this masters? Thinking of doing it myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Hey. I just came across this course in the newspaper today on Postgrad options and employability. I have always been interested in Tourism and it sounds like an interesting course. My undergrad degree was in languages (French and Spanish) from Trinity College, but it kinda turned me off studying as I was studying a lot of stuff that didn't interest me at all.

Would it be fair to say it's more vocational than academic? I'm just afraid of doing something like my undergraduate degree :eek:

Also, are the ranges of subject studied diverse?

What's DIT like?

If you could answer my questions, I'd truly appreciate it as I'm kinda anxious atm. I've only graduated a year now and it's quickly becoming clear to me that I'll need to upskill as what I studied in college has very little relevance to the workplace unless it is mixed with another area. That's why I'm thinking of mixing languages with tourism?

• Advertisement
Advertisement