Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB sister bank [in the USA]

Options
  • 24-05-2011 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

I'm heading to the US next week and will need to open a bank account over there. I've heard that AIB has a sister bank over there. I don't know if this right or not. Can any one shed some light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 hwfs.ie

haven't heard they have a sister bank, i know they do have a corporate division in the states though.

http://www.aibcorporate.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=CBContent&channel=C004&cid=1234441953839&pagename=CorporateBanking%2Faib_corporate_banking

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It had a minority holding in M&T Bank, which has since been sold off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DavMar

hwfs.ie wrote: »
    haven't heard they have a sister bank, i know they do have a corporate division in the states though.

http://www.aibcorporate.ie/servlet/Satellite?c=CBContent&channel=C004&cid=1234441953839&pagename=CorporateBanking%2Faib_corporate_banking

This is specifically for US business, my sis works there, try Chase, I think that's who she's with.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Thanks, ye I didn't think there was a sister bank, AIB weren't very helpful about transferring money to an American account (until I rang customer service) let alone bout opening one. Is it straight forward enough to open a US bank account? I've heard a lot of different details, saying you need a job to open an account (sounds a bit ridiculous to me) and you only need a social security number. Could any one shed some light on this for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I asked Bank of America about it the other day. The customer service rep said I'd need two documents and gave me a list of what was accepted. The only thing I had on the list was a passport and visa. If you have a driving licence then bring that. I'm also going to bring my Garda age card and some credit/laser card bills/statements just in case. That should be enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Piste wrote: »
    I asked Bank of America about it the other day. The customer service rep said I'd need two documents and gave me a list of what was accepted. The only thing I had on the list was a passport and visa. If you have a driving licence then bring that. I'm also going to bring my Garda age card and some credit/laser card bills/statements just in case. That should be enough.

That's great cheers for the info, I think i'll go with them so.

Advertisement