Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd xbox 360 slim 250 gb needs replacing!! Beware

• 24-05-2011 1:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I hate to have to warn all new console users I have had my 2nd new slim needing replacing was playing bc2 tonight and screen started giving hassle picture disappearing for ten secs at a time etc it's a jOke I never had one problem with my old 60 gb and now two failures in 6 months FFS ms sort your **** out!

Was playing la noire earlier maybe that caused it?? Heard it's crashing older consoles for fun!

Might ad this started a week ago and I have tried changing hdmis etc ps3 no prObs Wii no probs and sky hd no probs whatsoever so it's defo the console

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

The only confirmed issue with LA Noire is that it can freeze when first run. Solution on X Box is to install and on PS3 is to delete installed data and re-install. It's a very isolated case though and it's causing people to think that a console going tits up is linked to the game. The only problem LA Noire has is with the game itself.

Sounds like you've had two extremely unlucky cases man, what was the issue with the first console? I've found the Slim consoles to be a huge improvment on the older models, had barely half a dozen returned since launch last August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've had my slim since launch and no problems as of yet. And mine's heavily used, others in the house it all the time when I'm not around. Just rotten luck on your part I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Can't remember first fault could be e72 error I think. I think I have been very unlucky alright but I am kinda pissed as the old console never let me down.

Maybe next console it will have no problems well here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sorted in 30 mins lol phoned ms got ref number went back to Gamestop they seen the fault and handed me out a new console again with a new warantee with it :) DELIGHTED LOL

Advertisement