Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Point of Facebook?

• 24-05-2011 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Seems to be just profiles with endless pics uploaded why dont they just have it like bebo did at startnwhere you justnhave photo albums if people wanna view the album they can. Tagging is really annoying

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The photo albums are separate. Same as Bebo was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 alphshuffel

You can use Blogspot for your purposes. You can upload unlimited images there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

you use facebook in whatever way you want - example: if you dont want to bother with a newsfeed to see the 'latest' you can just search for specific profiles. also you can view the newsfeed how you want too. if youre sick of game posts you can hide these, dont want to see updates from certain people? you can hide their posts without deleting them as a friend too.
    you can also create 'groups' of friends. so you can view posts only by certain people (then change over to another group if you wish)

i think one of the biggest reasons many (not all!) people get sick of FB is because they get frustrated and never really picked up on how to use it effectively.
    to be fair, FB has no tutorial - knowing what info you can share with whom (when setting up the profile) - the security features and so forth, would really help people so they dont go into a blind panic when they realise their profile was public and so was all content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Penfailed

partyndbs wrote: »
    Seems to be just profiles with endless pics uploaded why dont they just have it like bebo did at startnwhere you justnhave photo albums if people wanna view the album they can. Tagging is really annoying

You're not doing it right. I thought Bebo was dead! I find, you get out of Facebook what you put in.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Pixies, Ride, Therapy?, Public Service Broadcasting, IDLES(x2), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '25 - Orbital, Supergrass

Advertisement