Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post your Obama Pics

• 24-05-2011 2:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭

Sorry if there's a thread for this already, I certainly didn't see one in my quick perusal.

Had a pretty good vantage point in the crowd coupled with a decent zoom so I got some nice ones myself!

IMG_5179.jpgIMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5178.jpg

Full Gallery

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Here are a few of my shots. I had a good spot standing on the platform of the fountain which is in the center of College Green.

I learned a few things about shooting speeches. Firstly, don't shoot while the subject is actually speaking. It looks crap, and waste space on your CF card.

IMG1417-D.jpg
    Standing in the queue in the morning.

IMG1561-D.jpg
    A contraband flag smuggled into the proceedings.

img_1810-1.jpg
    Gerry Adams arrives, just in time.

IMG1817-D.jpg
    Mr. and Mrs. Kenny arrive.

IMG1835-D.jpg
    My favourite shot of the day. Mr and Mrs. Obama taking to the stage.

IMG1991-D.jpg
    Obama giving his speech.

IMG2050-D.jpg
    A final wave goodbye.

If you want to see more, you can find all my photos from the day at: http://douglane.smugmug.com/Other/Obama-in-Ireland/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Fantastic shots, especially the one of the Obamas walking out onto the stage. Great work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Fantastic shots, especially the one of the Obamas walking out onto the stage. Great work!

Thanks! I wish I'd had your vantage point for the speech itself. The bullet-proof glass really robbed contrast and clarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Advertisement