Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The visa thing is confusing me

Options
  • 24-05-2011 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hey anybody reading this,

Well I've been in Oz for about 3 months now and it's all going well enough but the one thing about living here is the WHV goes against me when going for jobs I want so I'm looking to change my visa to a more permanent one. I've a civil engineer and working as one for a small company but they aren't in a position to sponsor me so I'm trying to find out what visa I should be looking for now.

It would be great if anybody has done this before as reading through those visa forms has my head slightly wrecked. I know I could hire a visa agent but to be honest I really can't afford their fees as well as the cost of the visa itself.

Thanks anybody who read and/or can help

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You have 3 choices
    1. 2nd WHV
    2. Employer sponsorship 457
    3. Permanent Visa 175

There has been lots and lots of info about this, and people shouldn't have to repeat themselves over and over again, so please do a search on the forum - all info of costs processing times, how easy to get etc are all here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement