Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skydiving for Newbies

Options
  • 24-05-2011 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Lads,

A few mates and I are going doing our first skydive (tandem obviously) in a couple of weeks. I see there are a few threads here about skydiving geat etc so there are a few experienced guys posting here. Just wondering what the initial jump is like??? I a nervously looking forward to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Noisy! Plus on the first jump your brain opts out for about 1 second - so there's the door and then whooshing air but the bit where you actually left the plane, so did your brain :)

The Tandem Masters have all been doing it for years and years; you're in safe hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Thanks, nervously looking forward to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Wrighty82

The free falling is the best part. I'm pumped for you. have an amazing jump!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Tandems are great fun, the tandem master is doing everything so you can just enjoy the jump.

Where are you doing it - Kilkenny or Offaly?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Offaly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I jump up there a lot and its a great dropzone. We're lucky enough that there is 10-12 of us in Cork jumping regulary enough so we go up most weekends. We're trainee jumpers and the more experienced lads 'n lassies up there make us welcome - its a very friendly dropzone because its a sports club, not just a pure business.

Your going to feel like your half drunk when you land, there is such an adrenaline rush ;).

I don't suppose you could be tempted to go for a static jump? The instructors up in the iPC are always looking for more static line students :cool:

If you need directions or anything pm me on here, just a small warning - I don't log onto boards every night so be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Is there anywhere that you can make your first jump solo on a static line?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

MajorMax wrote: »
    Is there anywhere that you can make your first jump solo on a static line?

Yeah both the IPC in Clonbullogue and Skydive Ireland in Birr often static line jumps.

Advertisement