Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tue 24/5 20:15 WES1 -v- Pocket Rocket

Options
  • 24-05-2011 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Another tough game lads, take last weeks mistakes and learn from them.

Clay - in
    Conor - in
    Keith - in
    Gav - in
    Jules - in
    Ciaran - work
    Martin - in
    Gary - susp
    Eamon - inj
    Kenny - in
    Cathal - in
    Eoin - in
    Collie - away
    Anto - out
    Karl -
    Wes - in

Joe - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pocket rockets were the only team to beat us last year along with ss so this is going to be a tough game but even at this early stage it is a must win game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I'm in

Any Word On Karl And Ciarian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Ciaran's working

Not heard from Karl

Joe will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Looks like the bare 11 as Karl just got back to me to say he's working till 9, good that Joe can make it.

Looks like the bare 11 as Karl just got back to me to say he's working till 9, good that Joe can make it.

Karl got back to you :confused:

Des wrote: »
    Karl got back to you :confused:

What Are The Chances Of Getting Ed Up.Or Even Dan Up
    Is Mick Back Tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

My bro has an exam at 9 tomorrow, can't make it. **** it lads, we'll just have to make do, nothing to be done.

5-1 win, excellent performance lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Best performance of the season lads imo. We were second best for spells yet we just played our game, attacking every time we had the ball. Fantastic stuff and fair play to Joe, grabbing two goals and jumping in in centre mid. Two points behind the top two now so last week can be forgotten about. Next two games are vital as we play both teams above us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh, solid performance lads. Had a great foundation at the back - defence took an aggressive line to be in position to win first ball not second and I can barely recall a time we didn't clear our lines really effectively. And we passed it around nicely for several spells. They were decent in possession and we were effectively counter-attacking many times - and we do that very well.

Good workrate from Wes and fair play to Conor for battling on through injury. Have to agree though: excellent first start from Joe in the centre of the park - good to be improving our squad at a time we're tight on numbers - welcome aboard.

Just to clarify as some people have asked why I didn't take the second peno last week: I'm carrying a heel pad injury that is fine most of the time but a major problem when the heel strikes the ground in the wrong way. I felt it while taking the first one and you should never take a peno when you've any doubt in your mind. True it didn't workout but I've every confidence in the quality of my fellow squad members and on most nights it'd have been converted so I feel it was the right call at the time regardless of the outcome and a decision I'd take again. This isn't a big deal, just clarifying for anyone wondering.

Some very big games coming up so good to be get a good performance under the belt - think someone said it after the game: we haven't hit near top gear yet, so as long as we do when needed we'll be alright.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very convincing performance overall. I haven't seen a game in a while and was expecting a closer game. There was a small period either side of half time where they came in to the game and forced the game forward, but the 4th goal and a terrific cross and header finished it really.

Again from an outside perspective, there was a visible gulf between the two teams bar that little period.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Well done lads. A good 3 points. 2 important games coming up.

Advertisement