Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice cream cake, help?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before.

My friend wants to get an ice cream cake for a birthday and is wondering where (if anywhere) in Dublin/Meath area that she can get one?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Superquinn used to sell icecream cakes but its been years since I've seen one, might be worth calling your nearest branch and asking?

I can't imagine it would be too difficult to make one though, just buy your preferred flavours and leave to soften then layer in a dish or mould and freeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

does she mean a Romantica?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

op I made one last year... they are simple as hell.

1 litre of chocolate chip ice cream
    2 litre mint chocolate chip ice cream
    1 8inch round pop out tin
    1 large bag of buttons

slowly defrost 1 litre of mint choc ice cream, and blend with a hand blender. then pour into the tin. put back in freezer for 1 hour, while next litre of choc ice cream is defrosting. again, hand whisk until smooth. then pour onto mint ice cream and put back in freezer for another hour and again defrosting 1 litre of mint ice cream and whisk till smooth. Then pour that on top so yo have 3 layers. I used giant buttons around the cake and then I (badly) used chocolate syrup for the top and I did a circle of smarties.

It all sounds complicated, but really it's not, it's so simple. this is my attempt:

DSCF2612.jpg

Advertisement