Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PT Social Science in DBS for Mature student...

Options
  • 24-05-2011 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

I don't usually post a whole lot here but I'll give it a go. I have applied to do the Evening Arts Degree in Social Science with DBS starting in September for 4 years, 2 nights a week.
    I am quiet nervous about it and would really just like some feedback from anyone who may be currently doing the course or past students who have completed it.
    I am in full-time employment and have 3 kids at home with the possibility of having another one in the next couple of years.
    Is this course full-on, as in will it be really hard work and difficult to keep on top of with 3 kids and a hungry hubby running around!???
    What are the prospects when you do finish, if I wanted to go into Social Care / Social work do I then have to go on and do more post grad courses???
    Its something I've always been interested in but my worry is time. Am I going to be stuck in the study all the time and missing out on my kids time? But then again if I wait til they're a bit older...will I be able for it???
    I'm 32.

I would really appreciate any feedback as my acceptance form is due in this week.:)
    ( the reason why I've left it so late to enquire is we've just moved into our home that we've been building for the last 9 months! )

Advertisement