Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom broadband

• 24-05-2011 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I just switched to eircom for phone and broadband thinking I would be able to get the 8 mg speed unfortunately I can only get 2 meg. I am now stuck with the 10 mg usage and wonder if I would be better off changing to the standard broadband for a few more euros:confused: and get the 30 mg which still gives up to 3 mg speed. The speed i have now is the same as I had with my previous provider but there I had unlimited usage. Can anyone direct me as to what I should do

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moved from Newbies & FAQ to Eircom with redirect expiring in 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

patcregan wrote: »
    I just switched to eircom for phone and broadband thinking I would be able to get the 8 mg speed unfortunately I can only get 2 meg. I am now stuck with the 10 mg usage and wonder if I would be better off changing to the standard broadband for a few more euros:confused: and get the 30 mg which still gives up to 3 mg speed. The speed i have now is the same as I had with my previous provider but there I had unlimited usage. Can anyone direct me as to what I should do

Hi patcregan,

Can you PM your telephone number and I will look into your query for you.

Thanks,Mark

Hi patcregan,

Just to confirm I got your details thanks, I am looking into the issue and I will be back to you with an update in a few days.

Thanks, Mark

Hi patcregan,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, As the NGB packages are all "up to 8MB speeds" the reason eircom offer different packages is because they are geared toward upload / download usage rather than broadband speed.

So After speaking with the NGB roll-out team they confirmed that all customers who are in NGB enabled exchanges will all be migrated over to NGB, and the Standard broadband packages will be phased out.

So they said it is not possible to revert back to the standard network or broadband packages.

I Know given the 1.5MB speed limitation on the line it is quite frustrating paying more for the same speed, however the NGB packages are geared towards usage and not speed so if customers need more usage they need to upgrade to the higher packages available.

If you have any follow up issues let me know.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 patcregan

Hi Mark, I signed up for the 39.99 package, my first bill I was over charged 28.50 for line connection which was supposed to be deducted. i now got a second bill for 95.81 which included the overcharge but still nowhere near the 39.99 I signed up for and even with call charges of 3.05 should still be only around 42 euro. I was also told I would get my free 30 euro taken off this bill.
    Also I am at 104 percent of my monthly broadband allowance and when I rang was told that my months allowance would start after 24th May. Any possibility you could clarify for me. Thanks Pat

• Advertisement

Hi Mark, I signed up for the 39.99 package, my first bill I was over charged 28.50 for line connection which was supposed to be deducted. i now got a second bill for 95.81 which included the overcharge but still nowhere near the 39.99 I signed up for and even with call charges of 3.05 should still be only around 42 euro. I was also told I would get my free 30 euro taken off this bill.
    Also I am at 104 percent of my monthly broadband allowance and when I rang was told that my months allowance would start after 24th May. Any possibility you could clarify for me. Thanks Pat

Hi patcregan,

What is the best time to give you a call to go through your bill with you directly.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark Tomorrow around luchtime will be fine. thanks

Hi Mark Tomorrow around luchtime will be fine. thanks

Hi patcregan,

No Problem, I will give you a call later today.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Patcregan,

I am wondering did you set up a direct debit to pay eircom or had you to pay the 100 euro deposit as well?

Patcregan,

I am wondering did you set up a direct debit to pay eircom or had you to pay the 100 euro deposit as well?
    No did not hear anything about a deposit and have not yet set up direct debit until I get everything sorted out. Did you?

• Advertisement

Don't know if I missed a call from you Mark,anyway available Thanks Pat

Mark can you let me know what time you can ring as I will be going out later, thanks pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Yes they made me pay 100 deposit as I didnt set up direct debit and when I didn't pay it in time, they cut the connection off. Also it happened over a long weekend when I had to do some work, so as you could guess this pissed me off to no end.

I have been speaking to a Tony guy who now says to me that I did not have a reconnection charge when it clearly states in the bill "reconnection charge".

Either I am loosing my mind and this could be the case or .... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Yes they made me pay 100 deposit as I didnt set up direct debit and when I didn't pay it in time, they cut the connection off. Also it happened over a long weekend when I had to do some work, so as you could guess this pissed me off to no end.

I have been speaking to a Tony guy who now says to me that I did not have a reconnection charge when it clearly states in the bill "reconnection charge".

Either I am loosing my mind and this could be the case or .... :mad:

Hi Audioslaven
    have sent two PM's re this issue, let me know if further query.
    Tony

Advertisement