Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Contract & eMobile

Options
  • 24-05-2011 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Got good service here before and now have a couple of other questions. Contract is due to expire and i know it is rolling renewal but I wonder if there is any offer to stay with Eircom, and not switch to for example, Vodafone?

Secondly, if we stay with Eircom and decide to get a phone from eMobile later in the year do we still qualify for any discounts and how can we get some idea of level of coverage at home (we are both on 3 at the mo and the coverage is not great, I think there is also probs with Vodafone mobile - even tho we are in close to City and in built up area).

Thanks
    Robert.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

Hi Guys

Got good service here before and now have a couple of other questions. Contract is due to expire and i know it is rolling renewal but I wonder if there is any offer to stay with Eircom, and not switch to for example, Vodafone?

Secondly, if we stay with Eircom and decide to get a phone from eMobile later in the year do we still qualify for any discounts and how can we get some idea of level of coverage at home (we are both on 3 at the mo and the coverage is not great, I think there is also probs with Vodafone mobile - even tho we are in close to City and in built up area).

Thanks
    Robert.

Hi Robert,

I believe I can answer the second part of your query here. If you are an Eircom customer you receive a Discount on eMobiles bill pay plans for anyone in your household. Also if you would like to view our coverage maps they can be found here:

http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/coverage/

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys

Thanks
    Robert.

Hi jaggiebunnet

I am afraid there are no offers for retaining customers, however customers can switch to different bundles to get a saving. The one I suggested before was the -

eircom Next Generation Broadband Basic & eircom talktime chatter
    €42 per month first 6 months
    Standard price €46.79*

However as I outlined this package would have a new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Do you have any unlocked mobiles that you could test an emobile sim card in to get a good idea of what coverage is like in your area?

As far as i know its free to get a sim card from them.
    Emobile use meteor to provide coverage so if you know anyone who is on meteor that gets good coverage in your area then you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

jay93 wrote: »
    Do you have any unlocked mobiles that you could test an emobile sim card in to get a good idea of what coverage is like in your area?

As far as i know its free to get a sim card from them.
    Emobile use meteor to provide coverage so if you know anyone who is on meteor that gets good coverage in your area then you should be fine.

Good Idea Jay - cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

No problem glad i could help ! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement