Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the Way Round is stopping in Bundoran - 4th of June

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

As some of you know a few of us drivers from the Boards.ie motoring forum organised and ran a charity drive around the country last year in aid of Barretstown.

We managed to raise almost €7000 to help children deal with cancer.

This year were doing it all over again and hope to make it bigger and better.

On the 4th of June we will be staying in the Holyrood hotel in Bundoran (Many thanks to them for helping us out) after completing the first leg of our journey from Dublin all the way up the east,north east and northern coast.

So were looking for suggestions on what to do in Bundoran when we get there, last year we stayed in Derry and went out after arrival for a few drinks and talked about the days driving.

So were looking for ideas on where to get a bit of food and then where to go for a drink where 20 of us will be able to sit down and have a chat about the days events.

Also we'd like to invite anyone that wishes to along to meet up with us if they want and opportunities and ideas to raise some more money while were in Bundoran are welcome.

Thanks in advance everyone.

*You can find out more about ATWR here.
    *And you can donate to a great cause here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

So its just coincidence that your there the weekend of the Rory Gallagher festival a few miles up the road in Ballyshannon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

So its just coincidence that your there the weekend of the Rory Gallagher festival a few miles up the road in Ballyshannon :D

+ 1 on this, its only bout 5 miles away (if even), free music on the streets, drink away to your hearts content wit no hassle, it would probably be your best option otherwise the Chasin Bull on the main street would probably suit you for the drinking side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It is an option but after 10 hours driving I think a festival might be pushing it a bit along with having to get up early the next day to do 11 hours driving! :D

A pub that wont have a blaring dj or band would be perfect I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Also were looking for some recommendations on where we might get some iconic pics of the cars somewhere in the local area.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

draffodx wrote: »
    Also were looking for some recommendations on where we might get some iconic pics of the cars somewhere in the local area.

One of the locals might be able to describe this better, but I think theres a large grass area or two that is used for camping and overflow parking, it might have ocean or mountain views in the background. Could be something different to the tarmac carparks on the seafront which there is also plenty off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Aye the car park at the main beach has grass to slap yourself on, also the car park at the beach at tullan strand could make for crackin pictures because the car park is elevated above the beach looking out onto the beach itself, the sea, and sand dunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

draffodx wrote: »

Rossnowlough beach
    , turn off the main road at ballintra about 15 minutes before your reach bundoran, you can drive out on to the beach safely its mainly hard compact sand so little chance of getting stuck, everyone does it. park the cars up and snap away!

Rossnowlough beach
    , turn off the main road at ballintra about 15 minutes before your reach bndoran, you can drive out on to the beach safely its mainly hard compact sand so little chance of getting stuck, everyone does it. park the cars up and snap away!

Had they not blocked access to cars with boulders?

irish-stew wrote: »
    Had they not blocked access to cars with boulders?

I was on the beach about 4 months ago anyways, drove on one way and off the other (up the steep hill) Can't understand why they'd block it off but maybe they did?

I was on the beach about 4 months ago anyways, drove on one way and off the other (up the steep hill) Can't understand why they'd block it off but maybe they did?

Its been more than that since I was up there, so maybe they have been removed since.

Think it was mainly down to unsocial behaviour such as raceing and dounuts.

• Advertisement

irish-stew wrote: »
    Its been more than that since I was up there, so maybe they have been removed since.

Think it was mainly down to unsocial behaviour such as raceing and dounuts.

Ah ok would make sense to close it off then, its a shame because it was prob the best feature of that beach! I did notice a tractor with what looked like a roadsweeper thingy attached to it on the beach when i was there, maybe I got lucky they were removed to do work on it or something. Bigworm do you know if its closed off or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Wasn't blocked last Saturday. The main road was flooded and everyone was using the beach. It normally is only blocked in the middle of the beach.
    As far as I know the road from the Sandhouse Hotel to the Monastry is a right of way and cannot be blocked off (except in July when the Orangemen march).

Advertisement