Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

defend a game you thought was good

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. What can I say? It didn't do too badly and it's quite a good game. It's horribly glitchy and I experienced most of them. It was my love for Lovecraft which carried me through the bad bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Lost Odyssey takes a long time to get going but once it does and the battle system starts to get better (when you realise you can change your equipment rings midbattle for no penalty) it gets really good. The dream sequences are fantastic as well, pity the main stories writing isn't as good.

I was really enjoying Lost Odyssey on the 360, until I reached the 4th disc. It took a while to get into it and I loved the battles, it was a slow game, but not a bad one, I was really enjoying it.

But once I went onto the 4th disc it kept crashing. The disc was spotless, in perfect condition. A quick google showed tonnes of hits for people having similar inexplicable problems with disc 4. So gave up on it after that sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. What can I say? It didn't do too badly and it's quite a good game. It's horribly glitchy and I experienced most of them. It was my love for Lovecraft which carried me through the bad bits.

Honestly think it's one of the most overlocked and underated games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

A game called V Rally for the PS1,yes its not as slick as Colin Mc Rae etc but i found it more accessible to play.

Also a game from back in the day that didnt get half the credit it deserved called NewZealand Story for the C64,a classic in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Aiel wrote: »
    Also a game from back in the day that didnt get half the credit it deserved called NewZealand Story for the C64,a classic in my opinion.

Eh? There's no need to defend New Zealand Story. As far as I'm concerned if you don't like that game you have no soul. It's well regarded as a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I was really enjoying Lost Odyssey on the 360, until I reached the 4th disc. It took a while to get into it and I loved the battles, it was a slow game, but not a bad one, I was really enjoying it.

But once I went onto the 4th disc it kept crashing. The disc was spotless, in perfect condition. A quick google showed tonnes of hits for people having similar inexplicable problems with disc 4. So gave up on it after that sadly.

I had the same problem with the third disc. Ended up buying another second hand copy for around €6 and it works fine. Still haven't got round to finishing it though but it is a great game.

It's a pretty traditional RPG but it does everything really well. Would've been better without those two annoying kids though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

Men of War- a brillant strategy game with good online battles too, only problems with it is the voice overs for troops are utter crap. Men of War Assault squad is suposed to be even better... if you've played soldiers:heroes of ww2 or faces of war, this is basically the sequel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

finished alan wake the other night, not a bad game, not a great one either

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Rogue Warrior PS3 version - it got slated but I loved it. Reminded me of an 80's action movie well worth a play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Medal of Honour (2010). The GFX may have been incredibly out-dated but I enjoyed the authenticity of the game. Felt very real, gritty. Especially the map where you are defending the ruins of a house as the "Bad guys" come down the hill at you - very intense.

Multiplayer was also very refreshing, but then I am more inclined towards the Battlefield-style multiplayer than the COD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭nyarlthotepful

Honestly think it's one of the most overlocked and underated games ever.

I completely agree. There were just so many good things about it. I loved the whole loss of sanity thing in it and how there was no health bar. Also, I absolutely adore the story/novella The Shadow Over Innsmouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Bloodlines is a game that i think got some bashing upon release but it was one of the best rpgs i ever played and one of my favorite games, simpsons hit and run was actually deadly as well :)

Advertisement