Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rec 3 first aid course being run in Limerick over summer

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

UL Windsurfing Club is looking at training up committee members over the summer in first aid, specifically the Rescue and Emergency Care (REC 3) which is appropriate for groups operating away from facilities and that are outdoors but also covers all first aid that would be suitable for any group needing first aiders.

First-response.ie travels to groups to offer this course (http://first-response.ie/courses/rec3_courses.htm) which is run over 3 days, the cost for the course is €1600 with a maximum of 12 places on the course - this works out at €135 per head when these courses would normally cost between €180 and €220 per person. By having a full group it works out cheaper for all involved and the dates are relatively flexible.

This qualification is the level of first aid training required for most sports instructors but is also relevant for safety officers or anyone else wishing to provide first aid cover for their group. By training people over the summer you can start next semester with one less thing to organise.

We have 4-5 people for the course to date from the Windsurfing Club, possibly more when we check with the incoming committee.

Please contact me at Rose.barrett@ul.ie if you have someone interested in completing the course and we can look at arranging the course around the interested parties. I would look for people to reply to me by June 15th.

Regards,

Rose - Safety Officer, ULWC

Advertisement