Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weaver t36 scope fine crosshairs

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

does anybody know if these can be bought in ireland or has anybody seen one for sale 2nd hand?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I got mine on the rifle i bought. Sean in Stakelums has one for sale, but only the one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

any idea how much it is?is stakelums a hardware shop in thurles aswell im just looking for his number on google

are these scopes worth the money seem to be fair expensive or would i be better getting a different make with variable power?

Realistically with that mag, and based on its design as a rimfire scope its best suited to benchrest .22lr shooting. It could be used for hunting but at 50 yards your field of view is only a few inches. Further out you are talking (and i'm guesstimating here) about a foot at 100yards, and maybe 2 foot at 200 yards.

Plus i doubt its designed/rated for C/F rifles.

Out of curiosity what prices are you getting for them?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

only off the web so far £500 seems to be the going rate?i want it for 22benchrest but for that money you could get a scope you could also use for centerfire in the future,but it would be less mag than the weaver has

• Advertisement

Price is slighter higher than a few years ago.

For benchrest they are the business. Excellent clarity, great mag, and 1/8" click value for ultra fine adjustment at 50 yards.

If you are after something for benchrest and a C/F the best question would be what type of benchrest. The different categories have limits on magnification ability. For unlimited rifle the mag can be anything you want. This is what i shot in. For sporters its max of 6 power. So you could go for a C/F scope and not have to worry about huge mag if its not allowed in the weight class you intend to shoot in.

it would be heavy varmint im going put it on a bsa martini hopefully if i can find 2nd hand scope!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sandy22

You can get a new T36 for not more than £415 http://www.scopesdirect.co.uk/products.asp?cat=Weaver+T+Series+Scopes

or a 2nd hand Leupold BR24 for €400 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056231450

So for goodness sake don't pay £500 for one

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

They are 439 dollars less 7% discount which would be 410 dollars with www.theopticzone.com
    It would work out about 430 euro after paying postage, import duty and vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Thats if you can get it through customs, didnt somebody post in a thread here a few weeks back saying that his scope wasn't let through customs due to some rule in the states about stopping the exporting tactical gear, he lost out, no scope and money gone, so i dont think i'd chance buying from the states

• Advertisement

ormondprop wrote: »
    Thats if you can get it through customs, didnt somebody post in a thread here a few weeks back saying that his scope wasn't let through customs due to some rule in the states about stopping the exporting tactical gear, he lost out, no scope and money gone, so i dont think i'd chance buying from the states
    I have bought loads of scopes from the optic zone without any problems.
    They will apply for the export permit which usually takes 3 of 4 weeks and then send on the scope.
    Certain types of military stuff cant be exported but most scopes are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Just out of interest when was the last time you brought one in and roughly whats the chances of not getting caught for vat

Lads remember Rule #8.

The taxes and duties leveed on arrival are somewhat "hit and miss". Meaning some get hit with them while others do not. The ratio of "hit" compared to "miss" seems to be on the increase and very little is escaping scrutiny.

There are no Weaver stockists in Ireland that i know of. Your only option is to import. However instead of looking to America immediately why not chance other European countries.

ormondprop wrote: »
    Just out of interest when was the last time you brought one in and roughly whats the chances of not getting caught for vat

November 2010 was the last time.
    You will most likely have to pay vat but I have got stuff at xmas that slipped through a few times.

Advertisement