Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I still have to pay college fees if i leave before exams?

Options
  • 24-05-2011 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Will I still have to pay college fees if i leave before exams?

I am a single mother and have run into financial difficulty paying my college fees. I owe the college 2500euro and now due to ill health and being in hospital I cannot do the exams. I asked if i could pay over the summer and got an email saying that if i dont pay before the exams i will not be able to sit them. If i do not sit the exams do i still have to pay the fees? Will they bring me to court if i dont? I am not intitled to the grant which is why I have to pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

I'm sorry, that sounds like a really awful and difficult situation.

Rather than giving you advice that might be wrong, I strongly recommend you contact your university's student Welfare Officer (or equivalent) as soon as possible, and tell them about your situation. They should be able to advocate for you as well as give you more specific advice.

Advertisement